“A warning for people with allergies”
Review of Salt

Salt
Ranked #61 of 382 Restaurants in Javea
Reviewed March 20, 2018

I want to start by saying that the last thing I want to do is give a bad review to an establishment that is promoting a vegan product. However, it is my belief that Salt, based in Javea, served me non-vegan cheese in the vegan afternoon tea I requested. Not only am I vegan but I am also lactose intolerant and I had a reaction after eating the food, leading me to believe that the cheese may, in fact, have contained dairy. I tried to communicate with the restaurant about getting the name of the cheese (because I suspected that it wasn't vegan to begin with but was assured that it was) and after many different stories about how the cheese was sourced I remain unconvinced that it was actually vegan. The chef was unable to provide a photo of the cheese’s original packaging and instead showed me a Google image of a well-known brand of vegan cheese which I know to be very different to the one Salt had served me, having tried this one before. It therefore seemed likely that a mistake had been made.

The rest of the food was delicious, and the price very reasonable for what was offered. If I could be certain that none of the items contained any animal products I’d be eager to return. However, given the struggle that I have had in receiving consistent answers or any sort of proof of ingredients from the restaurant, I feel that eating there is something of a gamble. For customers with special dietary requirements due to allergies or medical conditions this could be something to carefully consider.

I have recommended some brands of vegan cheese to Salt, as well as various other ideas for vegan afternoon tea items, and if in the future they change their menu and can offer assurances as to its suitability I would gladly return.

3  Thank Hscicken

Reviewed March 17, 2018

On arrival we were told that our booking was for 2-00p.m...fine but our "Afternoon tea" was not served until 3-30 p.m.
Usual mini-sarnies and mini-cakes, and mini-scones and a cup of tea.
Other diners who arrived (unbooked) were served their lunches and left before we had our food served up.
Very disappointing.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

We had a fabulous afternoon tea, the food was really good as was the service. The staff were very attentive and friendly. The restaurant is in a lovely part of Javea with amazing views. I recommend it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Joanne D, Director General at Salt, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Thank you for your review hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Just spent a wonderful couple of hours at the beautiful restaurant that is Salt . It was afternoon tea which was delightful . Overlooking Javea bay and to the wonderful,sounds of Dave Lewis on piano the perfect way to spend a Wednesday afternoon . Can’t wait to return and taste the menu .

Date of visit: March 2018

Thank you for your lovely review look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

We celebrated our daughters sweet 16 party at Salt , 45 people invited for a fabulous steak dinner . So much effort was made by all at salt so that we had the perfect evening ,from organizing the party regarding every detail . It really is a beautiful setting , the tables are exquisitely dressed and the restaurant is immaculate. The food was outstanding, the chefs had all the food out at the same time, piping hot and cooked to perfection all 3 courses. The staff were super efficient and catered to our every need . I would highly recommend this restaurant for any party / wedding venue , or just a family dinner !!

Date of visit: February 2018