“Great Food, Good Prices and Choice”
Review of La Cocina

La Cocina
Ranked #5 of 355 Restaurants in Javea
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed dining in a friendly, family run restaurant, providing a varied menu with meat, fish, vegetarian & vegan options. Menu is GLUTEN FREE. Childrens menu available. Outside dining on our terrace in the summer months.
Reviewed February 13, 2011

We wintered in Spain for a number of years and we found La Cocina about 2 yeras ago. Cliff the Chef and Laurie (Front of House) are a delightful couple who run an excellent Restaurant in Javea Port area. They have a very extensive menu and the food is exceptional both from a quality and price point of view. They have one, two or three course fixed prices and the wine prices are not silly. We had a number of meals there and never found anything we did not like.

Reviewed February 2, 2011

We were the only customers for most of our meal so there wasn't much atmosphere but that was about the worst we could say of the place. The food was excellent home-style cooking, not 'authentic' Spanish but influenced by history and local ingredients. We had Balencian rice and bacalao for starters: both very tasty and the right size to act as appetisers without spoiling the rest of the meal. The beef and Rioja pie was unavailable so we both had the wild boar pie substitute - delicious. My wife's poached pear was excellent and my Manchego cheese was accompanied by a slick of home-made chutney which enhanced the taste. Service was friendly and unobtrusive, and 17 Euros for three courses was good value for money. The house red wine was also good for less than 10 Euros. We're looking forward to an opportunity to go again.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

We were recommended this restaurant by our friends.. It was a good find. We loved the food and the staff couldn´t be nicer. Out of the 5 nights we ate here for 3 of them and each night we both had the cheesecake! They had cheese biscuit nibbles for us to try when we came into the restaurant and even got a lovely truffle at the end! To find out the food is all home made was fantastic!

I enjoyed the atmoshphere created by the modern yet warm decor and the open kitchen, which adds an interesting touch! Highly recomended to say the least!

Reviewed October 7, 2010

I had read about La cocina and told my family how good it sounded, we were not disappointed. We went 3 times in 6 days and would have gone every night if we had not been visiting family in tormas. Food was excellant as was service. We still talk about the fantastic food and my husband wonders if they do take away to England. will defiantly go next time we are in Javea,

Reviewed October 6, 2010

We live in Javea but only last week made it to La Cocina - we have been missing out! Lovely modern decor, friendly service and great food. Ten of us had drinks on the terrace outside before taking our table and looking at the extensive menu. Unusually I found so many things I wanted to eat (so often I struggle to find even 2 things to tempt me on most menus) and the wide and varied choice meant I really struggled to choose just one of each course!
I had a starter of Gravadlax (delicious) followed by the Beef and Rioja pie (totally fantastic!) with heaps of perfectly cooked vegetables, and finished up with Mango Sorbet. We had the house Rose wine (very good and very cold, just the way we like it) and those of us who were drinking the house red said it was outstanding. A well priced menu, we spent just under 25€ each and got excellent value.
All in all we will definitely be back soon, La Cocina!!