All reviewssaga holidayspanish gueststhree starevening entertainmentindoor poolmeal timesolder generationjust returned from a weekstorage spacespanish school holidaysline dancingreasonable sizeall inclusive packagehigher floorbar staff arebalcony roomvaried and plentiful
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

We visited Denia today on our way back to Valencia
What an amazing place, such a shame we visited on a Sunday as I can only imagine that midweek when everything is open is even better

We had a little stroll around the port, are ice cream and had a wander around

I would certainly suggest a visit if you want a nice peaceful, leisurely stroll and somewhere lovely to visit

Perfect for me and him indoors to spend some quality time together

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte F
Reviewed August 28, 2017

Our first Saga holiday, and we were met at the airport by smart and professional Saga representatives who directed us to our coach. We had requested, and were given, a sea-view room with a balcony on a high floor. The balcony was a fair size and got the sun for part of the day. The room was good, although, as previous reviews have stated, a little short of storage space. Firm and comfortable mattresses and a TV with British stations available. Bathroom OK with plenty of hot water at all times. The tap water is fine to drink. Room cleaning was done to a very good standard. There was Wi-fi in the room but it frequently cut out. It would have been nice to sit out on the balcony in the evening, but our room was above the childrens play area, and was being used as late as 11pm by young children, so was quite noisy. The restaurant is well-staffed and clean (although a cockroach was spotted on one occasion). The main part of the restaurant was a little like a canteen, and very noisy, so we ate in the adjacent section with windows, which was much quieter. Breakfast was very good, with plenty of choice. Coffee, from a machine, was nothing special. Evening meals were variable. There were two kinds of soup, but one of them would always be just lukewarm. On one occasion both were lukewarm and were left. The meat was disappointing, often tough and tasteless. The chips were almost always cold. Plenty of choice for dessert, which was okay. The bar had entertainment, but was so noisy we didn't use it. However, all the good things about the hotel were cancelled out due to lack of sleep. We had a young baby in the next room for most of our fortnight, and as previous reviews have stated, the walls are thin. I am very deaf so couldn't hear the baby crying, but my wife was woken every night; one night she was woken seven times. Although I couldn't hear it I was kept awake by my wife tossing and turning. We spoke to the Saga rep about it, and she took us to reception to ask for a room change. We were told that it would be taken up with the head housekeeper, and that was the last we heard about it. So all in all, the holiday was completely spoilt due to lack of sleep. Not good when you save up all year hoping for a decent holiday.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Calendarman
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Very good hotel Saga staff were very pleasant and helpful as was the other staff at hotel. Fortunate with weather March 28th -18th April would go back again It has an indoor pool have to wear caps which are available from reception, towels also available at a charge part refundable safe also chargeable kettle, tea, coffee in room Free wifi was made available the week before I arrived. The town was about 15 mins from hotel easy walking.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Barbara D
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Recently spent 10 nights here all inclusive, it's a really normal place just as you would expect, room a touch on the small side, bed was reasonable, nice balcony overlooking the pool with a good view out to sea, room cleaned daily and hygiene of a good standard.

The food is buffet style for all meals what can you say about that? mediocre is the best word to describe it, a couple of the younger male waiters were very annoying, you got the feeling from them that they just did not want to be there and they made sure that you knew it.

The bar staff in the main were generally miserable, must be the weather, anyway after leaving a couple of 5 Euro tips they livened up considerably and became human again.

The pool is nice but I think they could do with more shaded areas as it was extremely hot on my visit and difficult to find a shaded spot.

The sauna was never switched on and the indoor pool is very small, The hotel had entertainment every night it is obviously a matter of opinion as to its suitability, I went out every night, I enjoyed exploring Denia town, viewing and going on some of the super yatchs was fun, the beaches are very nice and some have good bars on them.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank largernlime
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Very comfortable rooms, I had one with a sea view and balcony at a extremely reasonable price. Staff were very helpful efficient I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Denia plus it is well situated to the town, restaurants and bars
But also in a quiet area near the beach.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Cherrilyn W
PortHotels, Quality Department at Port Denia, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Dear Cherrilyn,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for spending your holiday. We truly appreciate your comment about our hotel after your recent stay.

Many thanks for your kind words in regard our staff. It is gratifying to know that they do respond to their passion and commitment to guest satisfaction. Allow me to share your observation with the rest of the team. It will only motivate us to do much better.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Port Denia Hotel. Thanks for recommending us.

Best regards