“Splender in the Sun”
Review of Cafe Soles - CLOSED

Cafe Soles
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoy everyday our fantastic breakfast, our selection of salades, meet, fish and pasta dishes.
Madrid, Spain
“Splender in the Sun”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful place for informal dining. Try the Ensalada de Toro or Albóndigas. The service is friendly and in a variety of languages.

“Ignore bad reviews best restaurant in Denia!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Amazing food amazing atmosphere and the best friendliest service we have had the whole two weeks we have been here! We come to Denia every year and have eaten in many many restaurants but this one is by far the best all the food is outstandingly good and the waitress danique went out of her way to meet all our needs she really went the extra mile! We are super critical so trust us when we highly recommend!

Wadhurst East Sussex England
“Another Gobsmacker”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I know I am supposed to be original but the review below is very accurate. This restaurant was recommended to us but, I'm wondering if the chef was on holiday.
Our sole was very plain there was nothing wrong with it but it reminded of cooking at home on a poor day when you can't be bothered.
My daughter summed it up when she said her pasta was a bit like the school canteen but with less meat. One of the waitress had an amazing smile I think this was to disarm me from complaining. Sorry I would never go back if I'm in Denia again.

1 Thank Informerer
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Gobsmackingly poor”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I'll start with the good things - excellent Spanish Gewurtztraminer (a first for me) at only 14 euro a bottle, really enjoyed it. Service was good as well, but the food.....

This is another TA restaurant with some really misleading reviews. The food was poor, really poor.

We placed our order and whilst waiting for our starters we had the pleasure of a cockroach at our table followed by a litre of very disappointing Sangria - one of the worst we've ever had. 10 minutes after ordering our pleasant waitress returned & advised us that there were no albondigas (meatballs) & could we order something else. Quick look at the menu in Spanish, nuggets de pollo at 5.50 euros, thought it must be a joke, a play on words. Imagined it would be some tasty chicken goujons or other. Instead it was exactly as described on the menu - chicken nuggets! Unbelievable. 7 deep fried, frozen mouthfuls of disgustingness. I'm still in shock now. We should have got up & walked out there & then.

The other starters, minging fish soup (I'm hoping & praying my daughter isn't up all night on the lavvie) & an onion soup with a burnt crouton on top. Very poor.

The main courses arrived promptly - like I say nothing wrong with the service - but they were all a disappointment. Monk fish at 19 euros, still with the grey membrane around it (lazy chef), chicken curry (barely a tablespoon of curry) with a mountain of boiled rice & 3 pasta dishes that were all very average - lacking seasoning, not enough sauce & too greasy.

The only other thing worth noting was the coffee was ok, although when the bill came we'd been charged for 4 & not 2.

110 euros for 5 people of which 10% was for 2 portions of minging chicken nuggets. It's left me shell shocked, violated like a trip to the prison showers except in the wallet department.

Seriously overrated. Best avoided.

1 Thank andresykes
Sittingbourne, England, United Kingdom
“Great Cafe”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were in Denia for two days before discovering Cafe Soles,
We have since eaten there three or four times and have found the service and food to be excellent each and every visit.
It can make all the difference to a holiday when you find a good place to spend time, the staff are friendly and the food's great, and they offer free wifi for customers!

• Visited July 2013