“Good Food Lovely Setting” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Giuseppe

San Giuseppe
Ranked #84 of 423 Restaurants in Denia
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Benirrama, Spain
“Good Food Lovely Setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My wife and I were two diners out of a party of 58, at a fund raising lunch. These things can be dire with almost inedible, warmed up food, but the food here was great.
Well starters and mains were, the desert I had was almost inedible. The starter we had of chicken salad was wonderful, lots of tender, tasty pieces of chicken, on a salad of several different types of leaves and a generous ammount of fruit and a lovely dressing. Really tasty and a generoud portion.
My main of a scallops and pasty was really good, not sparing on the scallops and a fantastic tasting sauce.
The pizza mt neighbour had was amazing, I did not actually try it but looked great and it was huge.
My desert, I think called a Chocolate Bomb, really did bomb. It was meant to be a filling of Ricotta cheese, in a filo pastry case, drenched in chocolate sauce. The filo was like armour plate and the Ricotta had no taste at all and the consistency of wadded English cut bread. The chocolate sauce was tasty though.
We will give it a fairer trial going just as a couple in the next few weeks as I think it could be brilliant.

• Visited March 2013

Pego, Spain
“one of the best restaurants in Denia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

we have been here many times and the place does not let us down ever. we have been with a lunch group also of 40+ plus and the service was excellent. people complain about the staff - all you have to do is engage them and they are very good indeed.
since they moved from Las Marinas, the old place was a little cramped, everything has improved at to sit outside on a lovely sunny afternoon is perfect.
we will keep going back because the menu is so expansive we never get tired of the choice.

• Visited February 2013
spain
“Smile please!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I agree with all of the comments written here.!! ( I don`t think this restaurant actually reads the reviews on here though!! )The venue is nice, the waiting staff very professional but oh so stiff and unsmiling.! Of course you don`t want them fawning all over you but a smile would be nice. We had not booked and were lucky to have a table for two. There were 3 other tables occupied so not exactly busy for a Saturday evening! There were people wandering in for takeaway pizzas ,which by the way were huge! We ordered from the menu which was quite varied ,we chose an anti pasta, followed by steaks, which were the largest fillets I`ve ever had out here.! All nicely cooked etc ,but for me there was far too much pate on top of my steak and not enough sauce , but that was solely a personal thing. (The first steak they brought out was not what I had ordered but there was no problem changing it.) The house red which we chose to accompany the meal was excellent. There was a complete menu de la noche on offer as well, for those who like the "full monty" of starter, mains ,postre, and drink. We just couldn`t manage postre or coffee but decided we would visit the place again , maybe in the warmer weather as there was a large covered terrace outside , plus a swimming pool, and entertainment laid on once a week. The bill came to around 70 euros for 2 which is on the expensive side and especially as the restaurant is on the outskirts of Denia and not on the main tourist beat . I enjoyed the evening but the staff need to make sure their faces don`t get as long as their aprons!

• Visited January 2013
Pego, Spain
“Well what a surpise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have previously reviewed San Giuseppe when we visited in 2011, well tonight we returned and found the place had changed so much. The décor seemed different, the location seemed different and the food was just so good and held with the ethos of excellent value. now I have read the negative reviews and I do respect the views given, but if you want good honest food the this si the place for you. Obviously suffers with pace in the summer but definitely worth going to. We loved it

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Good food, diabolical service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I rarely write restaurant reviews but felt I had to for this place, in the hope that the management DO SOMETHING about the appalling attitude of the staff.

This place has quickly gained a good food reputation, but here's what happens. You go in, waiters & waitresses walking back and forth don't even glance at you, so you find a table yourselves, then sit for 10-15 minutes while they continue to ignore you. After trying to catch their attention many times you stand up and approach one of them. They agree to bring you a menu. 5 minutes later (if you haven't already decided to leave) you grit your teeth as you've heard the food's good and go through the same routine. Menus are almost thrown at you, with no offer to take a drinks order. You go through the same routine of almost begging them to serve you to finally get some drinks, then exactly the same again to order, to get more drinks later, and finally (totally giving up on desserts & coffee as it would all take too long) to get the bill. It totally spoilt our visit and I would never go again until someone told me the staff had been trained properly.

• Visited October 2012