“i was very disappointed!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Camp Verde
odessa tx
“i was very disappointed!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I thought this would be my away from home as i will be going between verde and tx for medical reasons, because my doctors are in this area, after a miss quote on price and buying my own toilet paper for a room that smelled like dog urine, i am not to happy, the maids were sweet i made sure i left them a few bucks i know how hard things are these days, but when i was exspecting to pay a quoted price of 64 a night turned into almost 400 hundred for for nights, buyer beware, territorial town in is where i will be staying and will on my every 3 month visit, and rich i understand you are a business and need to make money but not from me, god bless you all
Annette cave home town camp verde az

Room Tip: Room 123 smells very bad i had one dog with me and she was even uncomforable
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Richard R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your recent comment regarding your stay at the Comfort Inn in Camp Verde, I am very dissapointed to hear your stay experience was less than expected. We strive to make every guest happy and inform them at check in of the price and any additional charges that will be added at check out such as pet fees that you incurred and ask them to sign a pet agreemant which also informs guest of the additional fees during your stay. I am truly sorry if there was any miscommuniction of our pet policy and fees. We do offer an extended variety of guest tolietries at the front desk for your convenience and at no charge. We try to make every guest happy during their stay, and I wish these observations were brought to my attention during your stay. Please feel free to call me directly to discuss any future stays as I would love the opportunity to ensure you have a great stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Jose, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is right off I 17 and 260, it's convenient stopover. There are gas stations and fast food adjacent to the property. Close to Montezuma NM, Cliff Castle casino, other than that not much else. Standard breakfast, clean and quiet room, elevator and well priced. Interior corridor is not cooled, so when you walk out of your room it's hot.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Richard R, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay, I am happy to inform everyone that the interior cooling issue has been resolved with new units, and the room a/c's have also been replaced.
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The staff seemed preoccupied and did not give us much of a welcome.
The pool and hot tub were dirty with leaves and other debris.
The included breakfast leaves alot to be desired and not maintained very well.
Guest laundry equipment is dirty and not inproper working condition.
The room clean but could use an update.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate all feedback and hope to use it to improve our property for future travelers. Since your stay, the hotel is now under new management with our number 1 goal to improve the experience for each guest.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I am a Choice Hotel Member and kept my eyes open for a hotel as we headed from Arizona into California (driving)
This hotel was great value, had comp breakfast, clean rooms, WIFI and laundry.
We passed a local Casino and could catch the free shuttle (5 mins) from this Hotel over for some fun, slots and food. (as grandparents we appreciated that the Casino had great kids activities, burgers and bowling. Nicely planned.
All the staff in the Comfort Inn we pleasant and helpful. I would recommend highly, especially if on a "road trip". Access to diesel/gas at Hway Exit plus the Casino.

Room Tip: We chose level 2 so that we could access the laundry easily.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We arrived to our hotel around 8p.m. on a Friday. The girl at the front desk was decent and she had our room ready for us. One thing bothered me that I also heard others mention is that none of the check-in staff let you know where in the hotel your room was located. Usually this is the norm. When we got up to our room we were very disappointed. This is a Comfort Inn so we were not expecting something fancy, but what we got was the very bottom of the bottom. For $100 a night we were ripped off. I've stayed at nicer for $50 a night. The hotel was sold out this weekend and what we experienced made me think that two things had happened. First, it seemed that some of the rooms(ours) had probably not been occupied for awhile. My guess is that they were last cleaned the previous time someone checked-out, be it four days or two weeks. We found multiple hairs from multiple people in both of the beds in our room. My son would not sleep under the covers. The beds themselves appeared to be very old. Not only were they very low to the ground , they were incredibally sunken in and uncomfortable. The carpet was filthy and turned our socks black. The area where the carpet met the walls with carpet borders looked like they had never been vacuumed. Their was noticeable dust, and course debris built up. The table in the room had a layer of dust with more hair built up on it. The chairs at this same table were very stained and grungy. It was evident that not alot of care was put into keeping these rooms up. Noise was the worst I have ever experienced at any hotel or motel. The walls were paper thin and the doors slammed very hard. You could literally hear everything that occurred in the hotel. The second thing that was obvious to us was that the hotel was not prepared to be this busy. The staff was not ready for a sold out weekend . Their was no control by management of what was happening on their property. People drinking beer on the welcome lobby couches. Teenagers running up and down the halls at 11p.m.. Overall this was easily the worst experience I have had at a hotel of any star level. I've stayed at dives in other countries that were better than this and the management was not concerned at all. When these issues were brought up all we were given was an I'm sorry. Although the choices in Camp Verde are limited, I'm sure the other two options would serve you better.

Room Tip: For the rate this hotel charges, stay in cottonwood at a nicer place and just pay the differance on...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ryan c
Brooklyn,Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Chose this hotel for it's close proximity to the start of our hiking / camping trip. Spent one night & turned up with my sons dog. The staff gave us a warm welcome & put us in a " pet" friendly room. It was clean & comfortable but basic. A nice hot breakfast was included & was good for what we wanted. The hotel is close to the highway but we were not disturbed by the noise. The biscuits for the dog were a nice touch. A pleasant stop off & close to attractions including the biggest attraction of all....the wide open spaces.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Giddings, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Great place to stay. The beds were very comfortable. The room rate was reasonable. The breadfast standard fare. We had a good night's rest here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Fort Verde Suites
Fort Verde Suites
#1 of 5 in Camp Verde
Best Western Cottonwood Inn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!