“Charming little Inn”
Review of Fort Verde Suites

Fort Verde Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Camp Verde
Reviewed September 18, 2012

After reading reviews we decided to stay here as we were wanting something different from our usual Sedona places. We were glad we did! The only draw back is the limited house keeping includes no coffee supplies either. We had to scout the town looking for supplies as we stayed 4 days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mwillig
Lodge M, Owner at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Hello. First of all, I want to thank this guest for their stay and great review. I'm especially glad that they tried us in lieu of their traditional Sedona stay. We do provide coffee and coffee makers in every room. It appears we must have forgot to include the coffee in the room on accident, which I apologize for. We provide Farmer Brother's coffee, which most everyone seems to really like. Thanks again to this guest for their business and kind review.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I reserved a non-smoking room and the smell of smoke was overwhelming. After leaving the window in the bathroom open as well as the front door it helped a little but the smell woke me up in the middle of the night and I did not sleep well. A non-smoking room should not smell like it was cleaned by a smoking maid. A few extra amenities would have been a hair dryer, hair conditioner, and lotion, in bottles and not dispensers on the wall. Staff was friendly on arrival however and did loan us a hair dryer.

Room Tip: End room smelled like an ash tray.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank DianeCh
Lodge M, Owner at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

PLEASE READ OUR RESPONSE: I am deeply troubled to hear this review. It seems as if we had a smoking problem over Labor Day weekend. My guess is that for whatever reason folks were not observing the Arizona Law, which does not permit smoking near any doors or entrances. I am going to take immediate to improve things. If this has anything to do with our workers it will definitely not happen again, and if it is from other guests we will work harder to nicely enforce the non-smoking policy. Normally, people rave about our fresh smelling and clean rooms and I will make sure that stays the case. Thanks for reading our response.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

my first stay was nice , so i thought i would make TTI my home away from home when i visit family , i was willing to over look the ciggarette smoke that would drift in my room from time to time , and even loud people next to me at 930 at night , ( 1130 ) tx time ! , the big mistake was when the manager let herself in my room at 948 pm yelling at me to turn the thermostat up because the people next to me were cold , ( yes it is a shared thremo ) it was set at 74 , i was fine , i was also a paying customer , so after i got over the shock of being scared , i turned it up to 76 , and lost sleep because of the whole deal , i found a different place to stay and checked out early , hmmm i wonder if i will get a credit , never again , how much privacy do you have at TTI ?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Annette C
Lodge M, Owner at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

PLEASE READ OUR RESPONSE: I wish the guest had used a different title since this makes it seem like someone just burst into her room, which did not happen at all. I am glad that this guest enjoyed their first stay, said it was a nice place, and that she saw fit to return like many of our great guests do. There is a bit more to this story and I would like to address all of the concerns mentioned by this reviewer. In Arizona it is a state law that smoking must not be any closer than 20 feet from any entry way. So, if this occurred we are indeed sorry. We have designated smoking areas where folks are expected to smoke so that it does not interfere with others. Our quiet time starts at 10PM although usually this is rarely an issue. I am not entirely clear about the whole thermostat concern, but as I understand it from the manager the room was like an icebox even when the guest was away. Lastly, this guest left on their actual departure date and not a day early. We greatly appreciate feedback. It helps us to continually get better. I hope any potential customer will look at this person's other review as well as look at our other reviews. We work very hard to provide a clean and comfortable place and are known as the best lodging in the area. Thanks for reading our response and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed the for 3 days this past weekend. When I checked the room out the bathroom was far from adequate single small sink ( that had several chips in it ) and refillable soap and shampoo dispensors !!!!! that anyone can mess with !
Left in the morning for a full day, and when I returned in the evening the room had not been made up, when I asked the manager about it she said "we have limited housekeeping" limited, how about no housekeeping........ my room never got touched the 3 days I was there, trash bins never emptied, coffee never replenished bed never made, nothing. will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Gary B
Lodge M, Owner at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

I'd like to first state that we take all feedback very seriously, and that we do our best to communicate our motel properly to our guests. Although our bathroom sinks themselves are not large they are usually adequate and none of them should have any chips in them as they are all fairly new. Our bathrooms in general have the larger tub/shower curtains and are really decorated very nicely. As part of our 'green commitment' we do use refillable soap dispensers, which is not uncommon among green motels. Along those same lines, we also do not make up beds or provide towels every night. We are proud of these conservation efforts and they are clearly stated on our website. Having said that, if someone does need a towel, or would like some extra service we are always happy to provide this. We are always willing to go above and beyond to help our great guests in anyway possible. I am always sorry to hear when a guest has not had an enjoyable stay (thankfully it is very rare). We will continually work to get one step closer to perfect. Thanks for reading our response.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I just love this place. It is so close to many attractions and is always so clean. The beds are the most comfortable of any place we've ever stayed at. Wendy at the front desk always provides great service and has lots of tourist information. We come to the Sedona area a few times every year from Tempe and this is our new favorite place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

It was a good stay and we stayed there because of the overall ratings on TA. The room was big and spacious and the A/c worked which is a must in AZ.

The only thing that was a concern and gross factor was in the bathroom. In the shower/tub there was a used wash cloth sitting in the soap tray that was crusty hard with a brown ..... ick... I do not know what on it. Yea, it was enough to make you not to want to use the shower ... And we didn't .

In closing, the price was right, location was good and quiet. Just the one issue. Maybe a fluke... The rest of the room was clean.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Lightning077
CCLodgeOwner, Owner at Fort Verde Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Please Read Our Response: Hello. I want to first thank this guest for their review. I am glad the guest's overall experience was excellent and that the room was clean (minus the one mentioned concern). I had a chance to speak with our manager and it was a rag we had been using for applying stain to some of our doors and woodwork that somehow fell out and into that shower (so the guest was right it was a fluke). We always expect and keep our places very clean and comfortable. I promise that we provide the best value and cleanest lodging in the entire area. Thanks for reading our response and thank you to all of our great Arizona guests and international visitors.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The chain motels are just off the freeway and tucked between fast food chains as always. For an extra 5 minutes of travel time, I was in a very comfortable, clean, quiet, and well managed accomodations within walking distance to everything I needed. I've stayed here in the past and will do so each time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
#32 of 49 in Sedona
Beaver Creek Inn
Beaver Creek Inn
#1 of 1 in Rimrock

Been to Fort Verde Suites? Share your experiences!