“Not Great”

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #11 of 47 Restaurants in Camp Verde
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richland
“Not Great”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were here at the casino at lunch time and decided to give Johnny Rocket's a try ... not a good idea. The food was mediocre at best and the service was terrible. Our waitress didn't find us to be a priority and it was pretty obvious she didn't want to be there.

I had a grilled chicken salad and my wife had a bowl of soup, neither of which were good. I could not in good conscience recommend this place. It has potential but they sure did not deliver today.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank 81DaleB

Middleton, Wisconsin
“Burgers made the way they should be”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a bacon cheese burger and it was the best ever. it's in the food court at Fashion Square and best fast food place. Staff was great and very friendly. you can tell they like their work.

Visited April 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Good food in a fun place but not a cheap burger.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I just stopped by the casino after a meeting nearby for dinner before driving up the freeway. As others have noted, the restaurant is inside the Cliff Castle Casino but you do not have to go into the full casino to get there and kids are welcome. I had a great turkey burger with cheese and bacon along with a fried egg over medium. I don't know about you, but I love what a big of egg and yolk adds to a burger. You do have to pay for fries separately from the burger, so be aware. All together, my "meal combo" of burger, fries, and drink came to $14 with tax, so I can't really say this is a value (but then again it is priced for being inside a casino). Atmosphere is fun, but you need to know that the smoke in the casino can waft into the restaurant as there is not a full barrier, so if any smoke smell at all bugs you, be warned.

• Visited March 2014
Sedona
“Wow!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We ate patty melts (I order mine on sourdough, but my wife loves the rye). We sat at the counter and got our fries early (we were starved).

We loved the food so much we came back last weekend.

Interestingly, in the one week we were gone, management decided that fries no longer come with the meal, but have to be paid for separately. Hmmm. But, the food was so good the second time we didn't complain at all.

I think it was a new chef the second time, but he was still consistent and all of the food he cooked up looked SO good!

Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Good food & service...fun place.”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Johnny Rockets is inside a casino (right inside the door so you really don't have to visit the casino if you don't want to and you can bring children). It is decorated 50s style and serves excellent malts and shakes. The food is very good at reasonable prices. You can play 50s songs on the juke box for a nickel. If you are there at the right time, the wait staff will come out and dance to one of the rock 'n roll songs for you. It is great fun to eat there and along with being excellent food, the portions are hearty. If you are looking for a quiet dinner and quiet conversation, this may not be the place. Along with being in the casino, it is located next to the casino's bowling alley, so it can be a little noisy at times. We love sharing a malt, just like in the old days and it is one of our favorite places to eat when we are in this area.

• Visited February 2014