“A small but decent casino”

Cliff Castle Casino
Ranked #7 of 22 things to do in Camp Verde
More attraction details
Owner description: The ringing of state-of-the-art, popular slot machines delivering jackpots. The click-clack of chips as a winner collects after a Blackjack hand. You'll feel the fun, excitement and thrill of the game at Cliff Castle Casino Hotel. You'll also feel the friendly, caring service that has kept us Arizona's number one casino for the last sixteen years.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Phoenix, Az
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A small but decent casino”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This casino is small with limited but nice games. The staff is friendly, but on our second night it was impossible to get something to drink. Had to leave the machine and wait at the bar to get a soda.

Sedona, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I dont know why you are voted for best casino in Arizona. My experienced with this casino were aweful.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have been coming to this casino for 3 months. The buffet food are horrible. Mash potatoes tasted like a paste and fish are so dried, steak have no taste. The Customer service are rude not friendly at all, they wont even say Hello or how are you to you, yes they will say May I help you and as if they are forcing to do their JOB and cant wait to go home. One of the lady there I wont mentioned her name was so sarcastic to me, I was complaining about one of the slot machine, instead of saying I will take a look with it, she instead urguing with me, so I said loudly to her no thanks for your help and she responded loudly to me YOUR WELCOME LIKE Sarcastic response for her sounded like who cares about you..The only reason why I lasted 3 months there were because of those people who are in the poker room, the staffs are great , they made you feel like a family there. Staffs on table games they talked about customer how these gamblers are stupid sometimes, they mock the players that they are stupid and do not know when to stop when they are a winner. Hahaha those are you staff on your casino don't they know your casino making money because of those they so called stupid gamblers. I think you need to have your staff to have a seminar on good customer service. As far I am concern I only enjoyed going there when I am in the poker room. The rest needs to be improve

1 Thank Anrol A
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good food, Good Value”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The buffet is small and the selection is small, but everything that is served tastes great. The wait staff is friendly and very attentive.

1 Thank HavasuRox
tucson az
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Food, Fun and History”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just so everyone knows, this was my first time at a casino so my review might be a bit different than some of the others. If you are going north (or south) along the I-17 corridor you will pass through the beautiful Verde Valley. The Cliff Castle is on the Yavapai/Apache reservation. The casino and hotel are located just off the freeway. The hotel is at the bottom of the hill and the casino is at the top. The casino has lots of parking (including lots of handicapped spots) and a free shuttle from the hotel. The casino itself was clean and bright with lots of slot machine, live and video black jack tables, and video roulette. If you are a smoker you will be in heaven because while it is illegal to smoke in buildings in AZ it is legal on the reservation. There is a buffet restaurant with passable food: $7 for lunch and $11 for dinner. A cool addition is a bowling alley and a kids center. There is also an upscale restaurant and a Johnny Rockets located just off the casino floor. They also have wonderfully clean, well-appointed restrooms.

When you get tired of gambling (or broke) go on up the road to Montezuma's Castle.This cliff dwelling is located majestically in the walls above the Verde River. It is an amazing site and located in a beautiful part of Arizona.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank krlynn
Camp Verde, Arizona
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Just another casino”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We aren't particularly gamblers but often like to check out the casinos. The grandkids really like the bowling and a great buy if we can do it during the discount times. None of the food at any of the establishments is more than ordinary but it's OK.

Visited August 2012