“Off the Main Road but Authentic”

Las Margaritas Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Camp Verde
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the lil Mexico vibe here. Dusty parking lot full of jeeps and trucks (think Romancing the Stone), inside it was cool and dark- a nice change from the hot desert. The food was hot, fresh, and authentic traditional recipes.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm not too big on Mexican food, especially because of it's being too cheesy, and in most Mexican restaurants everything tastes like a big blob of cheap, melted cheese. This was a pleasant exception. The initial salsa with the chips was very good, with a fresh and complex flavor, and it was accompanied by a different type of cole slaw, very tasty and crunchy, and most of all clean, without all the heavy mayonnaise burdening common restaurant cole slow. I then went on with a delicious Steak Fajitas, with very good meat properly cooked together with vegetables an cilantro; while my friend had tacos that he really enjoyed. Overall, one of my best mexican restaurant experiences. I would certainly go back. We had also two good beers, and spend less than $25 for two, so the place is also very convenient

1  Thank sscoglio
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've eaten here at least five times in the last year, most recently on Mar. 29th. On each visit, the food and service have been excellent as indicated by all of the 5 star reviews except for the negative comments in a single recent review. Without exception, our experience has been that the servers are accomodating, and the food arrives in a timely manner piping hot and well seasoned. We live in Phoenix and have experienced virtually all of the choices for Mexican cuisine, both corporate and independent. Las Margaritas continues to be one of our favorites. We have no experience to comment on the issue of a request to accomodate a "gluten free" menu option that a previous negative review cited. However, regarding all other issues, the recent one star review for this restaurant is totally inconsistent with everything we have experienced during each of our five visits.

1  Thank BJMM
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had 2 recommendations from locals to go here for Mexican Dinner! We were excited and hungry and SO disappointed when after a margarita and 2 bowls of chips and salsa (not much flavor - no spice at all) waiting for an hour, finally we were able to flag down our waiter and ask if our food would be coming soon. He said he would check and after another 5 minutes our food arrived and it also was bland, not hot temp, Or flavor! The waiter didn't allow for any changes or substitutions. I am gluten free and requested a bean burrito on corn tortilla instead of flour and he stated NO! It comes on flour tortilla only. I then ordered a tamale, and it was not traditional, but rather a corn bread like batter. I was only able to eat the meat out of it, and the beans. My husband ordered the Verde Burrito and again it was bland, green sauce, Not Green Chili at all!
Looking around the place we saw junk piled in the corner of the room with the pool table! All in all Thumbs DOWN! I'd never come back or recommend this place to anyone!

1  Thank kathya56
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had dinner last week at Las Margaritas in Camp Verde. If you are tired of getting your Mexican food fix from corporate chains, this is the place to come. It's still as good as ever. Great atmosphere, personalized service, quality ingredients, fair prices. You can't go wrong.

1  Thank BJMM