“Great activity with kids and teens”

Out of Africa Wildlife Park
Out of Africa Wildlife Park Admission
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Camp Verde
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the heart of the Verde Valley, the mission of Out of Africa Wildlife Park is to create the ultimate animal adventure for all ages, one steeped in fun, immersed in learning, and inspired by a living and colorful world of astonishing wildlife. We strive to foster an appreciation of our planet's wild areas and wondrous inhabitants by supporting and promoting conservation awareness and action, practicing exemplary animal care, providing education and learning experiences, and establishing broad community support, through a peaceful and interactive relationship with our animal friends, who touch our hearts.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great activity with kids and teens”
Reviewed April 3, 2007

If you are visiting Sedona, Out of Africa Wildlife Park is a great activity to schedule on the way back to Phoenix as it is about 30 minutes south of Sedona. It's great way to see the animals close up and get great pictures. Adults and kids of all ages will enjoy this park. The special shows are nice, too. The kids loved the snake show. We visited at the end of March 2007 and enjoyed perfect weather that day.

3 Thank scTraveler7

Camp Verde
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A true Safari experience”
Reviewed February 28, 2007

What a true family adventure. My family and I had such a wonderful day and the park proved to be more than ever expected. The animals were beautiful and we could get so close to them. The habitats were clean and the animals all seemed so healthy and happy. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. The park has a very nice gift shop and very reasonable prices. The food at the park was delicious and also very reasonably priced. All in all, it was an unforgettable experience especially being able to feed and get kissed by the giraffes. I was very impressed with how much they have expanded in such a short period of time. The grounds are beautiful. Totally a great experience.

1 Thank MsPigE
Jonesboro, AR
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed June 22, 2006

My family visited the Out of Africa animal park near Camp Verde, AZ in June 2006. They don't have a whole lot of animals, but you can come in close contact with the ones they do have! My daughter loved hand feeding the Giraffes!

3 Thank Jonesboro_ARAudrey
Madison, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed June 4, 2006

Just visited for the first time on May 28th, 2006. This was such an amazing experience. I was in Arizona for a week and this was by far my favorite thing we did. You get to see the animals up close and personal and the Safari ride was great. If you go on a Wed, Fri, or Sun they have a live feeding at 3pm. That was neat to see. You follow the meat wagon as they feed all the animals. Cost was 28.00 per person, but we spent about 4-5 hours there. Worth the cost to use up a half day. Afterwards, we drove 20 miles to Sedona for dinner. Very cool!! Definitely going again.

7 Thank jamievwbug
A TripAdvisor Member
“Greatest animal experience ever!!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2006

I can't believe that anyone could sit there with a straight face and say that they do not like this park. It was an amazing experience that I would not hesitate to do again. If you DO ride the tram, the owners of the park personally take you around the park telling you interesting first hand stories about all of the animals, they do tricks with the animals and genuinely love and admire the beautiful creatures. They take you right up to the cages and the animals come forward to greet you, sometimes I felt as if I could almost reach out and touch them. I saw so many lions and tigers and giraffes and cougars and well, the list could go on. I would recommend this place to anyone and anytime I am in driving distance to this park, I will absolutely go again.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member