“Friendly Park, Lots Of Wild Fun”

Out of Africa Wildlife Park
Out of Africa Wildlife Park Admission
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Camp Verde
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in the heart of the Verde Valley, the mission of Out of Africa Wildlife Park is to create the ultimate animal adventure for all ages, one steeped in fun, immersed in learning, and inspired by a living and colorful world of astonishing wildlife. We strive to foster an appreciation of our planet's wild areas and wondrous inhabitants by supporting and promoting conservation awareness and action, practicing exemplary animal care, providing education and learning experiences, and establishing broad community support, through a peaceful and interactive relationship with our animal friends, who touch our hearts.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This park was easy to find. Admissions were reasonable for a privately owned park. The admission staff was friendly and she didn't rush us with our questions. We were able to get close to the animals (especially the giraffes) to get great pictures. On the Serengeti bus ride you are given celery to hand feed the two giraffes. We learned a lot about all these animals on this ride which lasted about half an hour. Tiger splash was so cute. Here we saw a great big tiger play with balloons like he was a playful kitten. Park is huge so if you have small kids bring a stroller. Several of places to walk, reptile exhibit was neat and bathrooms were very clean. I found the food to be very reasonable. The lady in the gift store was so friendly and let us take pictures of our stuffed monkey within all their stuffed animals.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

You can spend all day here, between the trip around the park, seeing all the animals in their enclosures, and watching the bear and tiger shows. One of the best attractions I've ever been to.

1  Thank vinniedog20
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We visited Out of Africa on New Year's Day, 2014. Second trip there and no long lines. Staff was great and answered everyone's questions. Tiger splash was excellent, not like shows at other similar parks. The animals were active and in natural type surroundings, not cages like at a zoo. The kids loved the safari ride and feeding the giraffe and being up close to the other animals, again, no cages separating you from them. The thriller was walking along with the staff as they fed the animals. Not an experience you get witness and be part of anywhere else that we've been. Well worth going to time and time again. Where else can you get within 5 feet of a tiger?

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

First of all they have some days they feed the predators. I hear that is awesome but we didn't go that day.

The white tiger show was great. Feed the tiger for extra $5 was worth it. How often do you feed a tiger? Pretty safe as the tiger is behind a fence and you feed meat pieces thru the fence using tongs. Obviously real long tongs.

Regular safari tour was good. My family really liked it. We saw ostrich, zebras and giraffe close up. Although we were supposed to feed the giraffe or camel we didn't. So don't get your hopes high.

There is a special VIP tour but it was sold out.

So my advice is although it seems like a dinky little park in the middle of no where it is very popular and requires some planning and knowledge before getting there.

It is an hour and half north of Phoenix and Scottsdale area.

General admission was $20 I think. Feed the tiger was extra $5.

Worth a trip. I think I would have given five stars if I had fully planned the trip and saw everything. So it is probably a five star attraction. I just want to be fair in my review.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

What a great facility. Visited the day after Christmas and enjoyed seeing as much as possible on the tram and walking thru the park. Well done everyone. This is not a zoo, it is alot better. They get it. Read all the previous reviews and you will make the trip.

1  Thank TwoRetiredOshawans