“Large portions/average food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Verde Cafe
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Camp Verde
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix
“Large portions/average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The manager of the motel where we were staying recommended the Verde Cafe as the place where locals go to eat so we decided to try it....the place was half- filled and the waitresses seemed to know each one of the customers..very friendly with great senses of humor..we enjoyed our meal, not because the food was great but because of the friendly atmosphere. the portions are Paul Bunyon sized but ony mediocre in taste.... word of warning, the restrooms were filthy, I walked in and walked out...open for breakfast and lunch only.. only...reasonable prices..probably would not return

Visited February 2013

Camp Verde, Arizona, United States
“Small town pride, big city experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Verde Cafe was the first business my wife and I ventured into upon moving to Camp Verde, we were very delighted to have such awesome service with a smile, the coffee is good and always fresh, but the food is very much like home made only better! We find ourselves going there for breakfast a few times a month, as I am a chef(retired) I am very picky and hard to please, but their food reminds me of my mom's and she was a good cook too!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Indifferently prepared food and abrasive service - avoid this place like the plague!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Terrible cafe. Our servers were very rude - aggressively abrasive from the moment we walked in. They messed up most of our orders. The food is sub-par at best - indifferently prepared and small serving sizes. My friend had a few problems with her order (tomato on her BLT, when she specifically asked for no tomato and fruit instead of fries) weird pickle on her plate - it had brown, oozing matter in it that looked like a rat dropping. When we alerted the staff they disappeared and returned to tell us that they couldn't find the manger or owner. They became really defensive and accusatory when she expressed confusion over the bill - she had hoped for some discount due to all the problems. Rather than being polite, rather than apologizing, they got angry. I've never had such a terrible dining experience. I recommend that you avoid this place like the plague.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Hometown Service & Smiles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stopped into this quaint, local diner on our way to the South Rim and were pleased! When we arrived at 7am we were the only ones seated, left an hour later and found standing room only. Bikers, retired, singles and families surrounded us, talking, laughing and enjoying the beautiful AZ morning. Food is home cooked good, service is excellent, and the kitchen very clean. I suggest going with breakfast burrito, fresh blueberry pancakes or their homemade biscuits and gravy. You will be smiling all day.

1 Thank Mskitty1974
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were on our way up from Phoenix and saw other reviews,needed palace for breakfast. So good! Blueberry pancakes were moist, biscuit and gravy and ham/bacon omelettes. Service was fast, and friendly. I would highly recommend this place. A special gem in this town that we more than likely would have driven by.