“Best service i have ever received!”
Review of Casa Benilde

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palas de Rei
Casa Benilde
Ranked #2 of 17 Palas de Rei B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best service i have ever received!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stay at five star hotels every week with my job but never in my life have i had such excellent service as from Pilar and Franscisco at this hotel! From the minute we walked in we were treated as honoured guests being greeted by name every time we appeared. We were offered an umbrella when we went out, when you are on the camino you have very few luxury items with you so this was a lovely touch. Even the Parador in Santiago didn't do this. We were given advice on where to eat that evening and at breakfast we had everything explained to us! Absolutely excellent in every way. If only other people could learn to deliver service like this, there would be lots of happy hotel guests.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vittoria D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
BC, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was a fairly large hotel, compared to many on the camino. As others have said, they are very efficient at the front desk, going into great detail. Little oddities were the warning about the Internet going off at 10pm, a sign about no clothes drying in the windows, getting instructions on what you can and cannot do. The flip side is that they are proud of their hotel and it was clean and tidy. No problem recommending this one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kelownatraveller
Raleigh
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Without a doubt, this is the hotel that I received the best service ever in every sense of the word. The front desk help (especially Pilar) were the most accommodating of ANY hotel I have ever been in, even the Ritz Carlton. Upon entering they greeted me with a smile and personally accompanied me to my room and explained everything about the room, hotel and breakfast. My most notable experience was Pilar's overwhelming response to my personal crisis. While on the Camino, I found myself no longer being able to walk and Pilar was accommodating in every sense of the word. She helped get me tea to help settle my nerves and began a campaign to find me a physiotherapist in the next town, make insurance calls for me and see to my transportation. I cannot say enough for my TOTAL experience at Casa Benilde.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank vickiRaleigh
Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When you first walk in, the hotel seems pretty ordinary. However, the rooms are spotless, updated and very nice. What sets this apart even more, though, is the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. They aim to please, and they do an excellent job of it. Some examples: Our luggage was in the room when we arrived. This is a bonus for weary pilgrims at the end of a long day, and no other hotel offered this service. Then, they accompanied us to our room to show us how to turn on the heat, etc. They did not accept a tip but responded that service is their job. When we left for dinner, they offered umbrellas to guests on a rainy night. I felt honored and appreciated -- not at all "spooked" as the other reviewer wrote. Keep up the great work, Casa Benilde!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank golda57
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've read the other reviews and agree entirely. You couldn't find a friendlier staff than at Casa Benilde. I felt special and as if I was the only guest who mattered. Sadly, I find out that they treated all the guests in a similar fashion, and exceptionally. There was a Norwegian couple we were walking alongside, on the Camino de Santiago, and they said it was the sixth time they had stayed at Casa Benilde. My room and the bathroom was spotless. The hotel takes exception to guests hanging their laundry on the windows, so drying service is provided (not free, but at a reasonable price). There is free internet in the basement, where the dining room is. The staff is extremely helpful in making reservations for your next hotel, and for tours (we went to Vilar de Donas). Definitely a welcome respite after walking 25 kms on the Camino!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Phoenix
Reviewed September 27, 2013

From the time we were greeted by the front desk man, Francisco to the time we left the following morning, we were treated with friendliness, kindness and concern. I had a good time practicing my Spanish with the staff, especially Francisco. The room was spotless and smelled of freshness. We were in the midst of a bike tour on the Camino de Santiago and this was by far the best of all the hotels we stayed in. The hotel is situated right in the center of town but away from any busy traffic street. There are several nearby restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Like the day before in Portomarín, I missed some signs in the town of Palas de Rey - but finally I found my place for this night. Very, very friendly staff, very well equipped for only 1 Star, very clean. What became a little bit spoky was the kindness of the team behind the reception: even when the staff change and you meet them for the very first time, they calle you by your first name. They guide you to the breakfast room and do not stop to explain, what at the end is self-explanatory .... but to negotiate in English with American pilgrims is very difficult, their English is very poor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
#1 of 5 in Sarria
Casa Camino Turismo Rural
Casa Camino Turismo Rural
#3 of 17 in Palas de Rei

Been to Casa Benilde? Share your experiences!