“Worst service, fraudulent inmorall staff.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
“Worst service, fraudulent inmorall staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Rooms were awesome upgraded remodeled. Hot tub is never working and I wouldn't swim in the pool. Turns out people have been sick from past use. Staff is nice at first but if you check out early there going to charge u an avg of $10 a day on top of what you've stayed. When the avg stay of hotels in the area is less than this one fond another hotel and save yourself from the rudest laziest hotel manager in the world. Also you can only come in the front door. They refuse to repair the key card readers on the outside so the main door is all yours. They will hang up on you if you call, they say I have a lot more to do today click and then you find out he's sleeping or watching a movie behind the counter this and stealing nearly $220 from me because I checked out early to see my family for Christmas what a joke of hotel service and quality.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sraz777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
MORENO VALLEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice rooms with all the amenities plus an almost kitchen. I stayed here 5 days, so it was great having a full size refir! nice flat screen. One question, where are you supposed to put your bags?? On couch, dining room table, kitchen counters?? They don't even give you one of those folding stands for bags. Anyway, highly recommend this place. Close to restaurants, shopping, and a nice Civil War battlefield park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank drdroad
Ballston Spa, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our first stay at a MainStay Suites and we only picked it because of the positive reviews here on TripAdvisor and because of the pool. The indoor pool was nothing fancy, but it was clean and heated. They also have a whirlpool, but it was being serviced, so we couldn't use it.

Like other people have stated, this hotel is undergoing renovations, so we took the tip from a poster here and asked to be booked on the third floor. We don't normally stay in suites, so of course we were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the room. But compared to the two other suites we've stayed at we were impressed by the full size refrigerator, dishwasher, and cook top stove. You could easily stay here for a week or more. The entire room had been remodeled and updated with a nice decor. The bathroom door did have some paint that had blistered and peeled off. Our room was right next to the elevator and it wasn't noticeable to us at all.

Just be advised that they only offer a regular Continental breakfast, which has no hot foods, unlike Comfort Inn and Quality Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor or one that has been renovated!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
culpeper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed in this motel last year and I stayed last week at this motel. What an imorovement!!
It was really really a great stay. E'thing was new. It is better then some of the big names!!!!!. No doubt I dont have to come to this town quite often but I would like to stay at this "Mainstay" whenever I will visti in future. The staff was very cordial and resposive. I wold like to ask to choice whether all 'Mainstays are like this?" I will strongly recommend people to stay at this motel as it is very economical(compare to other motels in the town) and have excellent service and better quality rooms. I would like to convey my thanks to all staff members and owner for their great job!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank klp096
Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Wish I would have read May 1 entry before I went...Stayed in one of the 1st floor,yet to be remodeled rooms....YUCK! Nice idea with kitchen and separate bed area but not only did the rooms need updated terribly..they could keep it clean until then. The lovely scenery of dumpters out our windows was a plus! Had i known, I would have definitely asked to switch rooms. Advertising and pictures were very decieving. Loss of $220. this is why we stay home more.......

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cbw252

Travelers are raving about these Frederick hotels

Swartz Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were traveling on business with my husband (4 kids) we were originally booked into a first floor room, we went in and decided that this hotel was NOT for us. Went to the front desk to check out (they were very kind about it), they asked us if we wanted to be moved to another room, that they had just remodeled the 3rd floor. Reluctantly my husband went to check out the room. The third floor was BEAUTIFUL and VERY CLEAN!! We LOVE our room, it's not top of the line but it's clean and updated. We have had a great stay, the continental breakfast is good, with 4 kids we found something for everyone to eat, and they have fresh coffee all day. The hotel staff is very kind and helpful. I would stay here again, if we were to stay in the renovated rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms, they are all NEW, quiet and clean! I would NOT stay in the rooms that h...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RKP6
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I had to literally live here for two weeks. The room had a good size, kitchen had pots and utensils. The room was always clean. The best customer service i have had was from Raja Thakkar. He thought before I could on how to tend to my needs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011