“Overall, a fine, clean hotel. A pleasant stay.”

Courtyard Frederick
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Toronto
“Overall, a fine, clean hotel. A pleasant stay.”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Our family was going to North Carolina and stopped for a one night stay at this hotel. Initial impressions were a very clean, well maintained property. The hotel is relatively new it would seem. The lobby and rooms were clean and presented well. Check in was quick. Staff were reasonably friendly. The only drawback was that the pool was closed due to maintenance (I believe they had put too much chlorine in!). However, the staff arranged for us to go to a sister property (Residence Inn) which was only a five minute walk down a side road (not alot of traffic). It was not too much of an inconvenience. Another benefit was that just down the road there were numerous restaurants/bars to choose from for a family dinner. They were busy, but at least we did not have to drive far. Overall, this is a very nice hotel with easy highway access. We will likely stop there again next year.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New York, NY
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I typically like staying at Marriott properties and when on business in areas that don't have larger Marriott hotels I like the Courtyard hotels. They all have indoor pools, whirlpools and gyms, and most are near chain restaurants and shopping areas. I must say that this Courtyard was mediocre at best. Even though I had a larger room, the room smelled musty and humid, the air conditioner made a loud whining noise and when I reported it to maintenance, it only temporarily improved. Housekeeping was shotty, in-room sundries like lotion, shampoo, etc were not always refilled and the towels were hard and stiff. In-room wireless internet was slow and no ethernet connections available. No business center either.

I stayed 3 nights and would recommend anyone considering this hotel at $169/night (what I paid) to check out the Hilton Garden Inn down the street.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Warnerville NY
Reviewed March 15, 2009

On the road again for work – this time due south from home, just across the Mason-Dixon Line. I chose Courtyard as it was central to Lots of Things (restaurants, mall, and access roads) and close to my worksite for this visit.

I haven’t stayed in many Courtyards, but the rest of the chain would be hard-pressed to beat this one. There is no word for the hotel but immaculate, and it’s apparent from the moment you step into the lobby. Even though there were people queuing up at the check in desk, I was greeted with a warm smile within 30 seconds of arriving by Rice, a top-notch clerk/concierge/fix it fellow who whisked me through check in and gave me the verbal fifty-cent tour while he was doing it. I expressed a preference for quiet (“no hockey teams, no raucous weddings” is how I put it) and as there WAS a wedding party staying at the hotel this weekend, he got me as far away from the hoorah as he could.

The room was spotless, spacious and well-appointed, with plenty of light and handy plugs. The bathroom is a two-part affair, with the sink and makeup mirror outside the bathroom proper – excellent if two people are sharing the room. A coffee pot is provided, though there is complimentary coffee in the lobby from dawn to 11 pm.
The wireless hems and haws a bit before you can get connected (two or three technological hoops to jump through), but is then perfectly serviceable.

I used the fitness room, which is available 24/7. Everything appears to be new and in perfect shape. There are two treadmills and a bike, with water and towels available, and a flat screen TV to while away the miles.

I hit the bed (comfortable, clean, enough-but-not-too-many quilts) and crashed for a good night’s sleep. Next morning, breakfast in the “Courtyard Café” was plentiful, varied, at proper temperature (hot food hot, cold food cold) and clearly real (no powdered eggs here!). I chose the buffet, but you can get eggs to order if you like. The waitperson, Chantelle, clearly saw I was in need of Much Caffeine and brought me a pot of my own without my needing to ask – just another illustration of the exemplary service at this Courtyard.

When I came back after a long day (9 pm), the lobby was teeming with Soccer Kids and Wedding Party Partiers, and very noisy. I was amazed and delighted to discover that once I got into my room, it was as if they didn’t exist – the room was effectively soundproof.

Checkout the next day was easy; I could have availed myself of an email checkout but wanted to thank the staff in person for a great stay.

Highly recommended hotel!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Chicago
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Room was nice - comfortable - staff helpful. Jesse is one of the front desk people and he's great. If he's on duty, you're in luck.

This is typical of Courtyards - one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Istanbul
Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a week and everything was great. The staff was great. The servers working at the restaurant were great. So there is nothing to say. It was pretty clean like a typical Courtyard hotel. Would definitely advise this hotel who is looking for comfort.

• Liked — Comfortable beds, staff, complimentary newspaper
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2008

This is a nice hotel to stay at in Frederick. Our room was clean and decorated nicely. The room had a small balcony that looked out to a small garden/pond area. My only complaint was the air conditioner in the room was loud. The hotel is across the street from a shopping area that has restaurants and a movie theater which was convenient. We also visited Monocacy Battlefield which was only 5 minutes away and worth the visit. All in all it was a nice and comfortable stay.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Hampstead Maryland
Reviewed January 1, 2008

This is a nice place to stay. We stayed here the last week of December 2007. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool and exercise area was fine. We would stay here again in the future.

• Liked — The Hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice.
  • Disliked — Nothing to really dislike, this is a nice courtyard property
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family