“Nice hotel”

Courtyard Frederick
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Courtyard is a nice hotel. It seems new and the room was clean and modern. There were many places in which to plug in electronics and the bed was comfortable. The area is quiet, but there are restaurants nearby.
There is an eating area in the hotel, but nothing is complimentary.
The only negative thing I can say is that we were told there were only two luggage carts. After waiting more than 30 minutes for one, a hotel employee carried our luggage to our room.
I would stay here again, but I hope they get more carts.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Frederick mid June 2014 for a wedding reception in the area. We really enjoyed the hotel. Very clean, very comfortable, super great service. We got to our room which had 2 queen beds and I thought I reserved a King. I called the front desk and they kindly explained that I had booked a queen and there were no kings available but if things changed they would let me know.... 5 minutes later, they had a King for me!! GREAT SERVICE

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

It is difficult for me to say anything poor about Marriott. I am platinum, and I do get all my perks. This hotel was convenient to my business and to a bunch of local restaurants. Also ate in the hotel restaurant, which I rate a very good.

My room was fine, and the hotel staff did a bending-over-backwards thing to make me feel welcome and comfy.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel. The beds in the room are uncomfortable and the chair in the room feels like a used catchers mitt . Their is nothing for free except the business center. No free coffee in the rooms and no free breakfast of any kind which surprises me especially for the high rate paid to stay here compared to other hotels in the area (not even free coffee in the AM if you want coffee you pay for it) They have a restaurant but it was only open for breakfast and dinner, no lunch. The price is unknown but an IHOP, Fridays and McDonalds are right across the street.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John21111
Sharon B, General Manager at Courtyard Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Marriott has designed the Courtyard Brand of hotels with the Bistro concept offering Starbucks coffee beverages, breakfast options and evening fare for purchase. We do have in our Frederick area, additional Marriott hotel choices for travellers looking for additional options to include; the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and the TownePlace Suties offering a complimentary breakfast and morning complimentary coffee.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Most Cordially,

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I often stay in Marriott's so I know what to expect. Greeted by a great staff and manager. I went to my room and it smelled like cigarette smoke so I was going to returned to the desk and asked for another room...no big deal. Well the staff saw me coming and asked if everything was ok and I told them no and all about the smell of the cigarette smoke. Well they sincerely apologized many times and quickly gave me a different room. Because I was on the same floor I witnessed the manager going to the room that smelled like cigarette smoke and calling on the radio to have the room fumigated and cleaned. Very impressed by their quick response of the manager and staff.They are all about taking care of their customers. I will be back just to support them

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Best drinks....best bar. She has a great smile! Chantelle is the absolute best!!!!!!!!! You ever let her go courtyard and its OVER!!!! Chantelle chantelle.....I love you! Marriott....promote her! Chantelle if you ever leave I cannot ever live with myself. All week monday thru thursday...get there!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I enjoy staying at Marriott on business trips as they are a higher quality than many hotels. This hotel was in a very good location as there were many food choices within minutes (a little too far to walk), and a shopping center was only about 1/2 mile away as well. The hotel was clean, updated decor and the staff was nice. Bed was very comfortable, everything fine in the room. The only complaint I have is how thin the towels were. The towels felt like they paid $1 each and would be more appropriate in a low quality hotel. That is my ONLY complaint about the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business