Courtyard Frederick
$84
$79
BestWestern.com
$67
All reviewsfire pitbistro barindoor pool and hot tubnumerous restaurantsroom was cleanmini frigexcellent propertyeasy access to downtownattending a weddingnice hotelstrip mallhotel staffchecking outwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepgreat place to staymarriott
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I decided on a Courtyard stay after reading many reviews of hotels in the area from TripAdvisor. I enjoyed my stay - the room was extremely clean, hospitality was first-rate, and I liked the amenities like the sauna and exercise room. Good restaurants, and shopping nearby if you need to pick up something. I would definitely stay here if I travel to this area again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Busymom1346
Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you're on your way between here and there and have a chance to stay at the Courtyard (off I-270) in Frederick, Maryland--DO IT! I believe you'll be surprised at the hospitality this mid-level chain hotel offers. From the moment we entered the lobby to the last wave good-bye we were truly amazed at the professionalism, friendliness, and overall quality of the facilities AND the staff.

Karen (wish I knew her surname) met us at the front desk on check-in. We'd been trying to reach Volt restaurant in Frederick but kept getting a "number not available" message and their website was down. Karen said she'd find out what was happening (power outage from a storm) and would find us a place to enjoy a good meal. She did just that and we had a fantastic meal (at Voltaggio's newest restaurant: Family Meal) and a great evening! Karen should be a concierge at a JW Marriott or Ritz-Carlton. Her dedication, friendliness and ability to get things done exceeded our expectations and frankly was better than most concierge staff we've worked with over that last 5 years! The last time we had service like that was in fact at a Ritz-Carlton! In fact, all the staff we encountered were friendly and professional!

We are frequent Marriott guests and know that Courtyards are generally nice, functional, well-staffed, mid-level (3 star) hotels. Clean, comfy, and good for an overnight or two. The Courtyard in Frederick so far surpasses that view that it's hard to convey without sounding odd. The lobby: BEAUTIFUL. The public areas: BEAUTIFUL, especially the interior courtyard with Koi pond, fire pit and lovely seating! The staff: EXCEPTIONAL! Our room: BETTER THAN MANY A 4-star hotel we've visited! Put some Frette linens on that bed and it rivals those at Four Seasons or JW Marriott!

Thanks to everyone at this Courtyard who helped make the last night of our 33rd anniversary weekend simply stellar! We will look for an excuse to visit you again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the interior courtyard. It's a beautiful little oasis.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank CarolJL1
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Courtyard by Marriott exceeds my expectations in a Family/Business stay type hotel.
Outdoor Garden area with fire pit: Awesome
Indoor Pool: Great for kids
Exercise Room: Very nice, complete with free weights (dumb bells)
The rooms: Clean and well maintained
Breakfast: A little on the slow side, but it is cooked to order, not a buffet - but very good food.
Overall: Very Good stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bill R
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Good location as it was across the street from a shopping plaza. This came in handy when my planned 2 night business trip turned into a stop over to FL for 4 more nights due to an ill grandfather.

The lobby "restaurant" had good basic food. The ice cream sundae was great! Happy hour offered reasonable prices on drinks. I thought the food prices were too high.

Clean room, updated and very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank tdrf
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We regularly stay in Federick on our way to North Carolina. This year we went back to this hotel after having stayed at another nearby property for the last couple of years. One reason we have been away was that this property was undergoing renovations. The renovations are now complete and they look wonderful. The bistro/bar area is a nice change and lobby is very open and contemporary. They have also upgraded the outdoor patio with new wicker furniture and an open fire pit. We sat around in the evening and enjoyed the relatively seasonal weather. Staff were very courteous and helped my wife find the nearest Target. The rooms were nice and acceptable for a stay of only one night. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will undoubtedly visit again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family