“I nice place to stay”

Courtyard Frederick
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed January 1, 2008

This is a nice place to stay. We stayed here the last week of December 2007. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool and exercise area was fine. We would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed November 16, 2007

We had decided to make a romantic weekend of it and stay in a jacuzzi room, go out to dinner and see a show. This location was perfect! Mariott brings prospective buyers here to look at all their different types of hotel. So there's a little herd of working Mariott hotels all clustered together across from a big movie theatre and lots of restaurants and nightlife out on the edge of Frederick. The hotels are almost always deserted, this far from the center of town, but the staff is extremely professional and polite. I was a bit dissapointed to see that the downstairs hot tub wasn't working, and the pool area looked a little rusty. But I suppose that's what I'd expect to see in a hotel so infrequently used! What a fun secret hideaway.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2007

The staff make this property a gem. They are friendly, helpful, prompt, and absolutely customer focused. The property itself is an average Courtyard.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2007

A very dull place with some barely functioning technology - wireless goes down. Friendly staff

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2007

Did not have a reservation and wanted to stay in or near Frederick. The Hampton Inn was full so I went over to this hotel, The Courtyard, across the street. I wish I had checked the rates of the entire cluster of nearby hotels first- but was too tired. $159 on a weeknight with no breakfast or bathroom amenities seemed rather high to me. Glad I brought my own shampoo and conditioner. Other than that- the bed was very comfortable and room was clean and pleasant.

Reviewed March 2, 2007

The king room that I stayed in was very nice. The bed was comfortable (always welcome after a day of traveling) and the decor was tasteful. The fact the I even noticed the decor says something – I have stayed in enough hotel room so they all usually look the same to me.

The front desk staff was effecient and friendly. Unfortunately, the wireless internet access wasn't working properly when I was there, but they did offer to loan me a wireless adapter (I'm a little leery about plugging strange electronics into my computer, however). What comes next impressed me greatly. A day after I checked out, Mariott sent me a brief survey to fill out online. I mentioned this problem and promptly forgot about it. Two weeks later, I received an email from the Assistant General Manager apologizing for the problem and giving me her direct phone number should I ever want to stay there again. Now *that* is customer service! I'm not even a member of their rewards program – just Joe Shmoe there for a single night. Lesson: Mariott (at least this Mariott) actually does read those responses, so fill out the survery!

The only thing that took me a little by surprise was the fact that the breakfast buffet wasn't free (it was $10).

Overall, I liked the hotel, and, thanks in part to the followup email from the Assistant GM, highly recommend it! They certainly know how to take care of their customers.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed April 22, 2006

We just got back from a nights stay at the Marriott Courtyard in Frederick, MD. We stayed for one night on our way back from Myrtle Beach and we were not disappointed. The hotel and rooms were very clean and updated. The hotel just purchased new beds/bedding which was very comfortable. The free freshly baked cookies in the front lobby were delicious! There is an indoor pool that looked well kept. In the local area there are many restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2006