You added Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5240 Westview Dr, Frederick, MD 21701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% TODAY!
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I did not experience the smoking problem noted by others; but upon exiting the elevator on the third floor, the area had a musty smell. I attributed it to a carpet needing cleaning. The room was spacious enough as was the bath, but I was surprised to not find complimentary shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Nor were there any hangers in the closet; the manager found 5 for me. Small things I noticed: narrow hallways and lack of an automatic opening front door make navigating with a luggage trolley problematic. The TV offered 24 channels only; one was in foreign language (Indian), 5 channels were ESPN and one was not viewable due to "snow". Good points include a bargain price compared to others in the area, a comfortable bed, and windows that actually open! Brilliant! I may stay again if money becomes an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the comfortable bedding. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that there was a slight odor on the third floor and for the limited television channel selection. In response to your feedback, I am working with the maintenance staff to make sure that the odor is eliminated. As well, we are continually working to improve our channel offerings. As we do, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at mdize@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here the night before the Frederick Half Marathon. It seemed there were other people staying there for the half marathon, too, but the place hardly seemed crowded. Check in was pretty simple and easy. I was on the first floor right by the lobby, but thankfully, it wasn't too noisy. I was also near the trash room, but thankfully, it didn't smell. The room itself was okay, but probably could have been cleaned a little bit more. I liked the convenience of having a refrigerator. My head sank right to the bed when I laid on the pillow, so some harder pillows would have been nice. The location was convenient, as it was far enough from the highway that it felt pretty peaceful in the area, but you were also only a few minutes from 270. Overall, for the price I paid, it was an okay experience at the Extended Stay. I don't regret staying there, but I think I may do some more research into the other hotels in that area next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was accomodating to your needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, neither my wife or I are smokers. But we noticed the distinct odor as soon as we got off the elevator on the 3rd floor. It's not unheard of to have non-smoking rooms on a smoking floor, but the ashtrays in the room gave it away. And although the room had probably received the standard 'after smoking' treatment, the odor lingered in the sheets. The place was apparently full due to several events, and a large wedding party. Alternate rooms were not an option.
I did a cursory bedbug check and found none, but there were several dead Japanese Stinkbug carcasses in the tracks between the screen, which I had full open for smoke odor control, and the window. Please vacuum here occasionally.
Since the majority of Americans are now non-smokers, you may want to run the whole smoking rooms issue by guests at check in.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the location of your room within the hotel. While we accommodate both smoking and non-smoking guests, we never want to make any guest uncomfortable based on their room type or where it is located. Please know, we are working to improve our strategy behind guest placement when it comes to non-smoking requests.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mdize@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Reservation was made on line, and confirmation received. The website showed smoking rooms at a higher rate; we booked one, as it would be more convenient for me.Confirmation showed us booked into a smoking room at the higher rate .When we arrived at check in, the young lady at the desk looked up & found reservation; she then seem to have a problem, and asked some women behind a wall for help. This woman , loudly, said "we have no room for them, ". She never came out to explain. I stated " we could not just drive back home, and was there no rooms or just no "smoking rooms", at which time the clerk said there were plenty of non-smoking rooms, and we stayed in one. When we finally got in our room, the bathroom was dirty.I cleaned the toiletseat, sink, counter, and tub with Clorox wipes. When we checked out the woman at the desk seemed apologetic, and said we would receive something in the mail for a future stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate your room request and the one you did receive was not cleaned properly. I have reviewed our cleanliness standards with our housekeeping staff and am coaching the front desk staff on how to ensure guest requests are fulfilled. We are working to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fwd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband stayed there for four months while working. I visited on weekends. The staff was very accommodating. The room was always clean. I thought it was a wonderful hotel. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012
Clifton Park, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Just stayed one night as we were just traveling through. We looked for something inexpensive but not cheap-o. This hotel has a friendly staff, comfortable rooms and a great price per night. I would recommend to friends in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Frederick - Westview Dr.. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Room is nice and comfortable. Noise level is minimal and would not have known there were dogs in the building except for seeing them outside. Very convenient location with shopping and restaurants close. Easy on and off access to the interstate also.. Only complaint would be that I had to ask for housekeeping. Then it was discovered that I checked in on the weekend and my cleaning day was on Sunday. Housekeeping only does rooms that are vacant and not long-term on weekends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Frederick - Westview Dr., responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for nice comments on our location and service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.