All reviewsfront deskwould stay here againindoor poolmovie theaternice hotelcookieswaffleswedding weekendbed was comfortablethe francis scott key mallnice areabreakfast areahotel is locatedexercise roomclean roomsnight's sleepcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel provided exactly the combination I was looking for during a business trip. They offered a government rate, were close to my business location, had a very quiet and clean room on the third floor, allowed me to check-in early, provided the type of modest breakfast I eat at home, and provided first class exercise equipment. In addition, the front desk staff were far more friendly and helpful than I have found to be the norm elsewhere. I spent four night here on this trip and have already booked here for my next business trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family of 5 recently stayed at the Marriott Fairfield Inn located in Frederick, MD. From check in to check out, my family received excellent customer service. The staff was very attentive to our needs. The room was clean and comfortable and the free breakfast was a big hit with our family. I highly recommend that you consider Fairfield Inn and Suites for your overnight or weekend stay when in Frederick or vacinity.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Craig B
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel
for one week and it was horrible. After having stayed at the hotel for one full week, I was late for checkout, around 3 pm. Once I arrived at the hotel, I found that all of my belongings were removed from my room and placed in an industrial sized bin, basically thrown in, clothes, documents, everything. Not only was this shocking, but worse I was forced to unload the bin and pack my luggage and all of my personal items in the lobby of the hotel!! This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Having spent thousands of dollars for the stay (extremely over priced for what it is) I could not have imagined having been thrown out like a prison inmate. In addition to this horrible finale of the stay, the staff is extremely inexperenced, I think
the employees are mainly highschool students. The rooms have no windows that can be opened, there are only plexy glass type enclosings that allow sun to come in, providing a very uncomfertable environment. The complimentary breakfast is basically coffee and granola bars. Overall the staff here is completly incompetent, immature, and horribly lack experience. The manager is also hopelessly inept. Avoid at all cost, horrible service, exceedingly expensive, and uncomfertable rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Yussef L
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Quiet, clean, comfortable beds, good free wi-fi, and a good shower. Location is great, close to 270 and 10 minutes from charming, historic downtown Frederick. Also right across the street from Westview Promenade, a good sized shopping center with half a dozen or more restaurants, several well known retail shops (Chicos, Loft, Cold Water Creek), a Regal Cinema and Mom's Organic Grocery.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen H
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The Frederick Fairfield is your average chain hotel, built the same way in a different location. Very similar in concept to the Residence Inn and Courtyard hotels right next door, along with the Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Towneplace Inn, etc, all within about a mile or two of one another. You feel like you've come to a hotel convention for hotel chains.

Nothing special or extra ordinary about the hotel. The people are friendly, the rooms are clean, the free continental breakfast is there...all exactly the same as if you we're in Frederick, or Fredericksburg, or Frederickton, or Fred-city USA. Having stayed there for two, two-week stretches recently, everything starts becoming routine and the same day after day. I guess that's what US chain hotels are like now: follow the McDonalds model of consistently regardless of location.

Ask for rooms on the end (there are four on each end of each floor) or at least the top floor if you want to avoid outside noise. Also, be amazed at how many people work at this location. There have got to be at least 5 or 6 people in the hotel lobby area each morning that do nothing more than greet you. That's a little over the top for me. Just one with sincerity would do nicely.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the four end room at the end of each floor for less noise. Avoid the ground floor and request the top.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business