All reviewsfront deskfree breakfastwould stay here againindoor poolmovie theaternice hotelcookieswaffleswedding weekendbed was comfortablethe francis scott key mallnice areabreakfast areahotel is locatedexercise roomclean roomsnight's sleep
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my husband while visiting the Frederick, MD area. It was not the best Fairfield Inn I've experienced. The room was small and the walls seemed very thin. The free breakfast was good (particularly the waffles). It's a good option for an inexpensive hotel near downtown Frederick.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed for a week on a business trip. Very convenient to everything, helpful staff, good breakfast, clean rooms, quiet. Enjoyed the 24-hour business center. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary Beth P
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Stayed at this location on our way to Florida.
Very clean, comfortable, and great breakfast in the morning- couldnt ask for any better!
Walmart is a 5-10 minute drive, restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed here for four nights in March 2012 as part of a visit to the Washington, DC area. Our original plan had been to stay only one night and then continue to a downtown Washington hotel for the weekend. But we enjoyed the Farifield in Frederick so much that we stayed four nights and took the Metro into Washington instead.

The staff was very helpful and printed us directions to the Shady Grove Metro Station, the Tyson's Corners Mall in Virginia and various local restaurants.

The hotel was scrupulously clean throughout. Our beds were firm yet comfortable making for a good night's sleep. The room's window opened enough to get some fresh air.

We were close to malls and downtown Frederick which has many good restaurants along a gentrified main street.

Our only criticism of the hotel involves the Internet Wi-Fi which was tempermental during busy periods.

Overall our hotel stay was a comfortable, relaxing experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I wound up a 10-day road trip here and was quite pleased with my experience. Although I was traveling solo, I received a complimentary upgrade to a nice studio suite. As a Marriott Gold member, this should probably happen more often than it does (just twice in 5 years!), but it was a much-appreciated gesture.

Many nice touches: coffee available 24 hours daily in the lobby, new carpeting in my room, a very good selection of TV channels available (many Marriotts closer in to DC have bare-bones offerings), and several nice staff members who acknowledged me every time I went by and really seemed to care whether I was pleased with the room or had enjoyed my stay. Though just off of I-270 in an industrial park-type area, I wasn't aware of any traffic noise during the night.

This is near a shopping center with a number of dining options (IHOP, TGIFridays, Chipotle, etc.). I had a pizza delivered to the room instead, as it was getting late and I didn't want to have to find my way around in the dark. I thought the $143 price tag was a little much for a standard room (which I booked) at a Fairfield Inn, but was able to use a reward certificate for the stay. Maybe the cost is higher than other Fairfield Inns because of a high number of business travelers? I'll certainly plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo