“Very nice, we had a pleasant stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Dover, Delaware
“Very nice, we had a pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This is a really nice hotel, We had a nice stay. Room was clean, bathroom was clean, halls were clean, laundry room was clean. I LOVED the bed! Everything smelled nice and everyone was friendly. We are a sports family and have traveled the easter seaboard from one event to another. We are not wealthy, so we have to stay at hotels we can afford. This was the nicest one we have stayed at in a long time. I understand that it was recently renovated. They did a nice job. We could not stay for the historic sites this time, but when we go back, I would stay again. Did not use the spa or the pool, so I can't comment on that.

Room Tip: We will be back.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Pip1128

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2011

What a great hotel! It is very clean and the rooms are typical Fairfield..the indoor pool was great for my kids and the staff was very helpful. We went into the downtown area, a short drive down the street and loved it!

• Stayed June 2011
NY
Reviewed April 23, 2011

My boys and I stayed 2 nights while visiting Civil War battlefields. The hotel, rooms and grounds were spotless. These employees take pride in their work. Staff very professional and pleasant. Comfortable beds and quiet. Good value for price. Not luxurious, but comfortable. After a few disappointments with Fairfields, I have tended to book at Country Inn and Suites or higher end Marriotts. After reading the reviews on this hotel , I decided to give it a try. We weren't disappointed. This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at and obviously well managed. Close to Antietam and only 30 min from Gettysburg. Fredrick a quaint town and only a few miles away. Thank You!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Stayed here for a family funeral. Staff was friendly and helpful since we were not from the area. Pool was usual size for a Fairfield, but very clean. Great location for easy access to major highways, and not noisy. Shopping and other eating venues were very close too. Would stay here again if back in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed November 30, 2010

Not my usual opening for a review, but the staff really impressed me.

Hey, it's a Fairfield Inn, a 'little sister' in the Mighty Marriott family. But why pay more to stay at the Marriott across the street when you can get almost exactly the same here for less.

The year round heated pool and hot tub, though small by many standards, were just what I needed after a day of walking around in downtown Frederick. The pool and gym hours are from 6a-11p - extensive in my book. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available 24/7. There are also laundry facilities, free wi-fi in each room and free use of computers in the business center off the lobby. Our room (and perhaps all the rooms) had both a nice sized fridge and a microwave. The hotel is located close to almost every national store and restaurant known to man.

But the stars of the show were the exceptional staff and I'd like to especially thank Joy who demonstrated professional concern in answering all questions and making sure we were happy, and Ami who went beyond the call of duty and had me follow her to a store I wanted to get to. Sure she was driving in that direction, but she didn't have to do anything, since they had given me a map with good directions.

The one thing to keep in mind when you book your room is that the breakfast included is Continental, meaning that the only fresh eggs there are hard boiled and the meats come wrapped in Jimmy Dean packages (and heating that in the microwave just doesn't appeal to me). I found out from Ami that's because they don't have a kitchen, so most of the food there is flour-based. (Except no dough-nuts...hmmm)

So aside from that one thing, and taken into account that's a small thing, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Kinch417
The Great Northeast
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Our family stayed for a couple of nights the last week in June, 2010 while attending a Wedding in Frederick, Md. The property is conveniently located off 15. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. The hotel is very clean and our room was spacious enough for a family of 4. The kids loved the flatscreen tv. The breakfast is nice for families--lots of boxed cereals, bagels, breads, make your own waffles, pop tarts and also breakfast sandwiches that could be microwaved. Hot oatmeal was also available. Overall, we enjoyed our time here and I would highly recommend it to anyone--including families!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank asualumni87
Maryland
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed here during the Frederick Marathon. The hotel was clean and well run despite being completely sold out. The price was a little high for a Fairfield but that might have been due to the race. We stayed on points so it did not matter. Service was very good.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple