“a solid choice”

Hampton Inn Frederick
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The Hampton Inn is a typical character-free box structure, so go for the 5th floor to avoid thumps from above. Pleasant lobby area and meeting rooms. Location is very convenient to Ft. Detrick with easy access to freeways, downtown Frederick, etc. Room had refrigerator and microwave. Grocery store and fast food within walking distance. Safe residential/business area. Comfy beds, chair and desk chair. Windows don't open, so it relies on the A/C which audibly cycles on cooling. Plentiful towels, nice beds. Internet. 3-item hot breakfast plus waffler in addition to the usual continental offerings of most places.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Frederick

Reviewed June 18, 2010

Before our trip, I was a bit "ho hum" about staying at the Hampton Inn Frederick. After all, a Hampton Inn is a Hampton Inn is a Hampton Inn. They're all pretty much the same, right? WRONG! This is an older property BUT there is actually a restaurant on site, we didn't have the time to try it out, but it was there nevertheless. The very best (and I do mean very BEST) thing about the hotel is the staff. We wonder how the management goes about finding them because they are the cream of the crop. No matter what we asked for, they went above and beyond our expectations. We arrived early, our room was ready. We were traveling with a baby and had requested a crib in advance (which we have frequently requested at other hotels, to no avail). To our surprise, the crib was already set up and waiting for us in our room. Because of the needs of the toddlers traveling with us, it was necessary to ask housekeeping for "non-customary" cleaning times. They gladly accommodated us. The place is absolutely spotless. We had read other reviews about "noise levels" but found the hotel to be very quiet, and it was pretty well packed. We saw a friendly, well behavied dog or two on the elevator, but other than that, you'd never know this was a pet friendly hotel.

We asked for directions to an attraction and Alanna, at the front desk, actually volunteered to map quest if for us and printed a copy. The pool is huge, two to three times as large as most hotel pools and it was stocked with plenty of towels for the guests. We left a wake up call for 4:00 AM. I stumbled down into the lobby, hoping for a cup of day old coffee but a really nice guy in a "security" jacket made a pot of fresh coffee for me. He also put together five breakfast to go bags for our family. His name is Gregory and you've got to know it probably wasn't in his job description to take care of us like that, but he did so with a smile. He really made our day! My only regret is that I forgot to fill out the guest comment cards for everyone who helped us, they all certainly deserve a pat on the back AND THEN SOME!!! We travel to Frederick several times a year and will look forward to staying at this Hampton Inn again. They really know how to make a guest feel welcome.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank hymeragal
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The Hampton Inn, Frederick, Maryland is a wonderful place to stay for one night or an extended stay.

The hotel is welcoming and will turn on the tea pot when asked, as they did for us when we arrived after 10:00 PM.

The rooms are beautiful, clean, and comfortable. My elderly Mother was traveling with me and she said the bed was better then her bed at home!

This is a pet-friendly hotel, a definite plus as I travel with one small (10#) dog.

There was a continental breakfast worth getting up for!

All totaled, I give this experience 4 thumbs up, both of mine and both of my Mothers!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I have stayed here twice and found it to be a very consistent, well run, consistent hotel. We stayed both times on the side away from the road which looks over a marshy grass area and I think is quieter. The room and bathroom were very clean and the bed comfortable, (alittle soft for me). We used the internet connection in the room to look up local restaurants which worked reliably. A very solid choice of a place to stay in Frederick.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2010

General Manager Yolanda Gainey is on hand to make sure that every guest feels like she is glad they are there and wants to do what it takes to make sure they have as close to an "at home" feeling as is possible in a fairly large hotel. Because of her leadership, this spirit radiates through the entire staff. Everyone was not just courteous but genuinely hospitable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I always prefer a Hampton Inn and this one does not disappoint. I stayed here two nights in the last of October 2009 with my husband. The room was very clean, the bed heavenly, the buffet outstanding and the staff friendly. I especially was impressed with the two ladies that tended to the breakfast bar. They were very pleasant and attentive, kept the area clean and well-stocked with a wide variety of breakfast foods. I must say this is the best Hampton Inn I have stayed in.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for several weeks. The staff couldn't have been friendlier, and the service was tremendous! This is a very clean hotel and hope to make another stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business