“Hampton Inn, Frederick”

Hampton Inn Frederick
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Friendly staff, comfortable room, OK free breakfast. Hotel remodeling ongoing as of the end of August 2014 but appears to be winding down as confirmed by the staff. Stayed five nights and would do so again.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

i thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. the staff was prepared to really extend themselves, and worked to make sure that i was comfortable. i was made aware of all of the amenities that the property offered. the front desk even apologized for the appearance of the lobby, as they are under renovations. even still, the property was well maintained, smelled fresh, and was clean.

1  Thank Ronetta W
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Very nice hotel with an excellent team of employees with a focus on customer service. Every staff member was pleasant and accommodating. Hotel is undergoing renovations, so due to machinery & equipment, parking was limited at night. We found the pool very clean and enjoyed several swims. Room is welcoming, spacious, AC worked great, bathroom clean with plenty of towels. Beds & pillows are very comfortable! Easy access from I-270. Complimentary breakfast was your typical hot/cold selections, but very good. If in the area again, I'd return.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The lobby is undergoing renovations so that is not welcoming, but the desk staff more than makes up for it. They are very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel is located right off the interstate so it was perfect for weary travelers. The breakfast was very nice and unlike most hotels there was plenty of room for people to sit and eat. I marked down cleanliness because my particular room was not clean. Dirty towels were on the floor when we checked in at 11 PM there were nail clippings on the rug by the bed. That said we had 3 rooms and only the one I was in had this problem, so I don't think it is a hotel problem, but a staff problem. when I told the manager he was very apologetic and was willing to change my room, but we were leaving and when we got in we were exhausted. So yes I would stay here again hopefully that maid will be gone by then.

Room Tip: Check the cleanliness of your room before getting comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This Hampton Inn is undergoing some remodeling so the lobby is not in attractive condition. However, the staff is very welcoming and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We were going to Hood College and found the location and distance to Hood worked out nicely.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The hotel is right off of the interstate with plenty of dining option around. My room was very clean with plenty of space. The free breakfast in the morning was very good with plenty of options to choose from and a very nice dining area. My only complaint was that on the four nights I stayed there my room did not get serviced twice. I don't know what the deal was, but I had to call down to see why the cleaning crew miss my room....twice. No reasoning, just I'm sorry and it won't happen again, but it did.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We only stayed one night on our way to Gettysburg. The hotel was clean. Room was Nice. It's why we usually stay at Hampton Inns on our trips. The breakfast was better that some of Hamptons lately. Very nice staff. Sort of a funny story: we got off the elevator to the 5th floor after breakfast and a very nice but slightly anxious dog sat there. We looked around and saw no one. So my husband stayed with the dog and I went downstairs and told front desk someone must be missing a dog. Later found out the guest had left their door open and dog followed scent to elevator and waited.

Room Tip: ask for rooms away from elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family