“Fantastic stay!”

Hampton Inn Frederick
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We stopped in without a reservation and got a great rate on a gorgeous room. We were traveling with a baby and the staff were thoughtful and helpful. The room was well-appointed and the breakfast (apart from the french toast sticks) was more than adequate. Very clean and comfortable; we are planning to stay there on our next trip.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed August 28, 2008

The place was very clean and very easy to access. The room was very clean, nicely appointed with a comfy bed (that was a surprise) the only reason I am not giving this an excellent rating is that the room was had was sort of noisy with some type of mechanical (probably an air compressor or near the elevator) noise.

The breakfast buffet was adequate.

We didn't eat in restaurant or swim in the pool, but both looked to be very nice.

I would stay here again and do reccommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2008

Spent one night at this hotel on business. When I first checked in I went to my room on the 5th floor. I open the curtains to look out the window and the curtains and window were covered in small flies. I reported this to a young women at the front desk who said she would have someone take care of the problem . I then went out to dinner and returned 2 hours later. When I checked my room the flies were still there. I went back down to the front desk and had my room changed to the 3rd floor. This time my room faced a very noisy highway. The noise was terrible ! Back down to the front desk and a very annoyed young women moved me to another room on the 5th floor. No flies or noise. I went to sleep and checked out at 5:30am. I will never stay at this hotel again and can't recommend it. I've stayed at numerous Hampton Inns and this has to be the worst one.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank travelguy78
Reviewed April 25, 2008

A large spacious lobby welcomes you to this Hampton Inn. Comfy couches in front of the TV invite you to sit a while. Front desk employees were all extremely helpful. If they didn't know an answer they researched to find it.

A good breakfast was served in a room with plenty of tables for the guests. Guest rooms were large, comfortable and attractively decorated. Cleanliness was evident throughout. We also observed everything from fitness equipment to the front door being cleaned during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2008

Have stayed here on & off for over 10 years. They have added what I would guess is some mandatory Hampton Inn franchise requirements.

My smoking room was on a newly renovated floor with non-smoking signs in halls and at each room. I traipsed back down to the desk to be told that this floor is indeed the smoking floor. When I opened my door I almost wanted to get a non-smoking room. They need to use air cleaners.

The usual Hampton bathroom amenities were not there, only soap, moisturizer & shampoo. No conditioner or mouthwash or make-up remover that the other Hampton in town always supplies.

The check in person, Lauren, was very welcoming and upbeat.
I saw the hotel's sales manager and she also was friendly.The man who worked the breakfast area was personable and a plus.
The rest of the staff I wouldn't know was actually staff, either because they were not in uniform or wearing a nametag. A man at the desk in the morning spoke little English and was clueless about the hair conditioner I requested. He repeated my request and gazed over to another person who happened to work there or know where things were behind the reception area.

Early in the morning I went down to use the computer. All machines had been unplugged and covered with canvas.
The painters had arrived to paint the computer room! If I had been informed at check-in, I would have gone to the other Hampton Inn.

I had reservations for the next week at this Hampton and cancelled them when I got to work that day.

Not an awful property, but certainly not what I have grown to expect by staying at newer Hampton Inns.
Another poor Hampton is Dulles South. Perhaps Hamptons will become the next Holiday Inn, meaning inconsistent services and accommodations. I certainly hope not.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed October 30, 2007

My wife and I stayed overnight on our visit to Antietam Battlefield. We had booked a non - smoking room with king bed. The desk clerk was friendly and the room was clean & comfortable. We didn't sample any of the breakfast fare, just coffee.
We didn't venture downtown so I can't speak of the location of the hotel. Just stayed the night and gone in the morning.
We have come to love Hampton Inns. We have never had a bad experience and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2006

There were no room keys when we arrived. The machine that makes them was broken; had to wait 24 hours for a key. Staff escorted guests to rooms. Very inconvenient. Rooms had new carpet, which emitted a foul odor, I presume from the adhesive. Smelled like a gas leak. Our room went untouched by housekeeping for an entire day for reasons we were never told; maintenance man cleaned the room at 8 p.m. Worst free breakfast on the planet; one person in our entourage became sick from the fake eggs. Slowest wifi connection on the planet, too. The outside of the windows is filthy, marring what might be a lovely view of the mountains in the distance. Worst of all, the staff is very curt, snippy, and unprofessional, as in housekeepers seen kicked back in guest-room chairs having personal conversations on the guest phone; staff members leaning over the front desk, gossipping with each other while munching potato chips. It has an overall feel of a low-rent roadhouse where traveling salespeople pull over for clandestine rendezvous, if you catch my drift.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business