“7 day stay”

Hampton Inn Frederick
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Air condition didn't cool room enough and breakfast could have been better. Location was great but hard to get into parking lot from roadway. Staff was friendly and ready to help in any way they could.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Frederick

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just got settled into my room. Made the two and a half hour drive from Richmond, VA and was ready for a break. The front desk staff was awesome.!!!!! Got checked in and gave me my code for the wifi (free) and my key-card within 10 minutes of my arrival. The manager on duty welcomed me and recommended a few places to eat as the in hotel restaurant has been closed for some time. Other reviews said to get a room not facing the freeway but apparently none were available that fit that bill. Anyhow my room was on a corner facing the freeway but the noise was not that bad at all. Great room. Glad I brought my own soap...forgot how tiny hotel soap is!! Am a diabetic so the in-room frig was a must for my insulin. Am here on business so am looking forward to a good nights sleep....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2013

very clean room + hotel. too soft mattress adjacent to MD - I270 was noisey for a light sleeper. Loud party in banquet room was heard thru out hotel til 11 Pm. reservation made thru 800 number gave no indication of these 2 flaws. $150 room - too expensive for such noise conditions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is my second review of this Motel. It has a great location to lots of eating places as well as shopping. I was traveling with my Brother and sister. Check-In so easy, the staff fantastic . The beds are comfortable. The pool huge. They continental breakfast not so good, but I've seen worse. The room was clean, and I will stay again when I'm in the area. Again, the best staff ever.

Room Tip: I was in room 615 the view was of the pool and it was great. This is a smoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laranda J
Reviewed September 3, 2013

On my way back to the Pittsburgh area from the Chesapeake Bay area, I decided to take an overnight break at this hotel. Although the street-placed signs directing you to the hotel are awful, the front-desk personnel -- especially ANA -- were simply the best I've ever come across in my travels.

Basically, the King room was terrific, except for two relatively small issues. The sofa had a large stain on the seats and the shower control was missing a piece and was a bit rusty.

Breakfast was well-stocked with many different choices.

Overall, I rate this Hampton an A+.

Room Tip: as it's near a major highway, I would suggest a room on an upper floor. Also, if you"re ar...
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Very well-maintained hotel. Comfortable bed, great shower and towels. Excellent breakfast bar with hot and cold items included in price of room. Very convenient to I-270 and I-70. Less than an hour to DC if you start early.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank RCSColumbus
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The thing to know about this location is that it is between two major highways, and so there is traffic noise. I was not particularly bothered by that, but the noise does get through. The hotel is very clean. The staff is very attentive. Unfortunately I like a firm pillow, but this facility had none. I want my lodging to provide its guests with the kind of pillow they prefer. Of course, I made due. The hotel has many positive features so I can deal with the poor choice in pillows. The breakfast was very good. The breakfast staff did a particularly good job of keeping the area clean and providing choices. The pool is outdoors so its use is limited when the weather is bad. The exercise room is minimal but acceptable. The location is excellent for Frederick and the surrounding nearby civil war locations.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow if you want a firm one.