“Outstanding”

Hampton Inn Frederick
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is my second review of this Motel. It has a great location to lots of eating places as well as shopping. I was traveling with my Brother and sister. Check-In so easy, the staff fantastic . The beds are comfortable. The pool huge. They continental breakfast not so good, but I've seen worse. The room was clean, and I will stay again when I'm in the area. Again, the best staff ever.

Room Tip: I was in room 615 the view was of the pool and it was great. This is a smoking room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laranda J
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Frederick

Reviewed September 3, 2013

On my way back to the Pittsburgh area from the Chesapeake Bay area, I decided to take an overnight break at this hotel. Although the street-placed signs directing you to the hotel are awful, the front-desk personnel -- especially ANA -- were simply the best I've ever come across in my travels.

Basically, the King room was terrific, except for two relatively small issues. The sofa had a large stain on the seats and the shower control was missing a piece and was a bit rusty.

Breakfast was well-stocked with many different choices.

Overall, I rate this Hampton an A+.

Room Tip: as it's near a major highway, I would suggest a room on an upper floor. Also, if you"re ar...
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Very well-maintained hotel. Comfortable bed, great shower and towels. Excellent breakfast bar with hot and cold items included in price of room. Very convenient to I-270 and I-70. Less than an hour to DC if you start early.

1  Thank RCSColumbus
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The thing to know about this location is that it is between two major highways, and so there is traffic noise. I was not particularly bothered by that, but the noise does get through. The hotel is very clean. The staff is very attentive. Unfortunately I like a firm pillow, but this facility had none. I want my lodging to provide its guests with the kind of pillow they prefer. Of course, I made due. The hotel has many positive features so I can deal with the poor choice in pillows. The breakfast was very good. The breakfast staff did a particularly good job of keeping the area clean and providing choices. The pool is outdoors so its use is limited when the weather is bad. The exercise room is minimal but acceptable. The location is excellent for Frederick and the surrounding nearby civil war locations.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow if you want a firm one.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times. The staff is great and the hotel is in good condition. The hotel is located on a freeway and can be noisy...I try to request a room on the oposite side of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Needed a place to stay with family and pet. was very pleased to find a Hampton Inn that could accommodate us. Hotel staff was very courteous, rooms were clean, and front desk even provided a doggie treat bag for our pet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Philip C
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have to wait 3 minutes to get Hot Water to the shower.
I have unsuccessfuly tried to wait to get hot water to the sink so I can shave.
The gym is sub-par with 2 elipticals and 2 rowers and 1 bike - no weights.
The elevators are slow - Im on the 5th Floor (I like and request high rooms).

This is an older hotel that was converted to a Hampton, not traditional.
A nice ambiance, but not a Hampton. The attached restaraunt/Bar is closed.
Getting to the place is complicated especially in rush hour.

Convenience is great because a shopping center is close by.
This has multiple resaraunts.
Better advise is to stay at the myriad of marriot hotels close by. A Town Place Suites is within the 20 meter walk to the resaraunts, rather than 20 minute.

My favorite perk is the breakfast! I choose Hampton over the Hilton Garden because I was a Silver, not a Gold; and Hampton had a free breakfast (until I was Gold).
If I could post pictures on this site, I would. This is the worst fare ever. Have you ever had egg nuggets?

In all my travels I have never seen egg nuggets until now. 2 days in a row, no fluke. Im watiing on the apology for these tender morsels.

To wrap up, stay somewhere else. Im gritting my teeth. 40 of the last 50 days in a hotel. This is the worst outa 5 (to include a Rodeway Inn in Carlsbad).

last caveat: I spent 10 minutes trying to get the microwave to work (im about to complain)!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business