All reviews breakfast buffet hot tub french toast an older property fitness center flat screen tv a king size bed the francis scott key mall nice size this past weekend housekeeping staff plenty of parking room was clean and comfortable sauna convention microwave ft
Reviewed October 1, 2018

We alternately liked and strongly disliked our week long stay. Overall the appearance is worn and somewhat scruffy (water damage on the second floor poolside balcony). The rooms are of a good size and housekeeping is very efficient. There is lots of parking and wide open space around the hotel. Checking in for us was just short of a disaster. Arriving and finding that our pre-arranged block of rooms was not available did not make for a good start. We had requested sets of ajoining rooms and wheelchair accesible locations. All of our needs and requirements where eventually met but with much more effort than it should have taken. Our only attempt to use the restaurant for dinner was on Saturday and it was an ordeal. We came in as a fairly large group (@ 26) and had we known that there was one person working as both bartender and waitress and one cook we would have gone elsewhere. Our food came out in fits and spurts, drinks the same way. Later in the week it was a completely different world when it came to the catered food for our functions.

Room tip: With not elevator the ground floor is best
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
00gc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Richard, we appreciate your comments about our hotel, but we regret that your stay was less than perfect. The issues you mentioned will be addressed with the respective teams, and we are certain you will see an improvement on your next visit. Please give us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

I just returned from a week long event held at this hotel. Everything was great. The room size is good, the pool was clean and refreshing. The banquet food was by far the best food I have had at a banquet. The mexican food served on our taco night was outstanding. The bar was fun and service was good. Renee who seemed to be working everywhere was awesome. No matter the request he handled it promptly with a smile. Our entire group thought he was wonderful. Definitely would stay here again.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms provide easy access, no elevator
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
00gc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center for your event. We are so happy you were impressed with all our service and facilities and that we were able to provide you an amazing stay. Your compliments will be shared with my team, especially with Renee for a job well done and all of us look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I don't usually bother to write reviews but felt I should share my experience for those that might have any reservations about staying at a Clarion. I stayed at the Clarion in Frederick, MD while waiting for my temporary housing. All staff was courteous, hotel was clean and decorated very nicely, their courtesy breakfast was excellent! Although they have a dining area for the evening I didn't get the chance to eat there. I made my reservations through Priceline and the process once I arrived was smooth and I was in my room in no time. Would highly recommend this motel.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
00gc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Thanks for being our guest and for recommending us to future travelers. Our top priority is for you to have an enjoyable stay and from your five-star review, it appears that we succeeded in that. It was a pleasure having you at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are from out of state and we recently stayed here with family for a wedding (wedding was not at the hotel). Our room was on the ground floor and was conveniently located near a side door which was great since we were traveling with a dog. The room was larger than expected and the bed was super cozy. The room was fairly clean, but you can tell it’s on the older side as some of the finishes were pretty worn. The free breakfast was great and there was a nice variety of items. The housekeeping staff was very helpful and pleasant. The pool area looked nice although we did not have time to use it. The hotels location cannot be beat - Target is across the street, lots of other retail and restaurants... super convenient! There was plenty of parking and lots of room to walk the dog around outside. One inconvenience though was that the hotel does not have an elevator. We had family members who were traveling with a baby and they had a ton of stuff to carry up the stairs. Overall, good value for the price.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Alison, thank you for choosing the Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center while you were here for a family wedding. It’s a pleasure to know you were impressed with our convenient location and found us to be a good value. We appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our staff and look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Easy to find by the Francis Scott Key Mall. Asked for a ground floor room because I was traveling with a dog (all sizes allowed too!) and was given a ground floor, right near an entrance/exit door, which was just perfect. Plenty of parking and walking areas for pets. Rooms were large and very clean. Beds were soft and had plenty of covers. Had a fridge & microwave & a Keurig in the room too. Free breakfast in the morning was wonderful. French toast, sausage, omelets, home fries, all types of cereal & yogurts and fruits. Not a noisy establishment at all. I didn't use the mini gold for pool, but looked at the area and it was very well kept and inviting. I would definitely stay again at the Clarion on my next visit to Frederick!

Room tip: Ground floor rooms are easy access to outside for pets
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
00gc, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for your nice review of Clarion Inn at the Frederick Event Center. We are glad to know you loved your well-equipped room as well as the delicious breakfast offerings while you were here. We are also happy to read you liked our pet-friendly policy. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to our area.