We got married at a park in Frederick, and although home is only 20 miles away, we decided to spend the wedding night here to get away from the mess at home. We got a discount rate ($119), and were upgraded to a large suite, but it was still a lot more than I typically pay for lodging.
The hotel is obviously a bit older, maybe from the '70s, but that only shows in the architecture. The furnishings were new and clean, although the TV in our room was surprisingly small. The room they gave us was huge, but it was very dark as it had one small window overlooking the pool area, and no ceiling fixtures. We had a couch, armchair, 2-3 end tables and a fridge and microwave to go with the standard bureau, etc. The bed was big and very comfortable. Once you turned on all the lamps, it was decently bright in the room. The bathroom was clean, and had nice toiletries.
Having a room overlooking the pool area meant lots of noise until about 11, but it wasn't unbearable. We did enjoy using the pool and hot tub. Even though the hotel was full up, the pool was not terribly crowded. In the morning, the lady at the desk was kind enough to redo our bill so that we'd get points on the Holiday Inn card my wife had forgotten she had. All in all, I was satisfied, but the bill reminded me why I generally stay at the old roadside motels (which have all fallen victim to sprawl in Frederick).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center! We are conveniently located at the intersection of I-270 and Route 85 at the Francis Scott Key Mall. Our central location to historic downtown Frederick, Washington DC and Baltimore makes for an easy drive to any local area attraction or businesses.We are just minutes away from local attractions including Fort Detrick, Frederick Fairgrounds, Frederick Keys, Adventure Park, Hood College and more! Are you in town for business? We are located near several companies including State Farm, Allegheny Power, Lockheed Martin, Landmark Aviation, Bechtel, BP Solar and FKI Logistix to just name a few.This Frederick Hotel offers 155 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Our rooms offer the new Simply Smart bedding collection, complimentary high speed wireless internet access and all the conveniences of home. Dine in our 5400 Market Place Restaurant where kids 12 and under eat free*. Our indoor recreation center features a pool, sauna, miniature golf, games, fitness center, business center and more! Planning an event? We have over 13,000 Sq Ft of event space. Our experience staff will help you plan your next meeting, wedding or event. We offer catering and equipment rental.The Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center is the perfect hotel for your business or leisure travels. We are also pet friendly! Make your reservation today! *Only with the purchase of an Adult Meal ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel Frederick
- Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel And Conference Center
- Frederick Holiday Inn