There are two Holiday Inn’s at opposite ends of the Francis Scott Key Mall property. One is an Express, this is the normal Holiday Inn. Neither is connected to the mall.
I had a king size nonsmoking on the first floor. I was a tad worried walking down the hallway as the property felt old and the ceiling had plastic hanging (see photo). Not sure if they had water leaks (doubtful as this was first floor) or hallway upgrades. However upon entering the room I was happy to see a modern clean room. All was in working order.
This hotel has two floors. If you have any luggage, request a first floor room as there are no elevators. Only stairs.
It’s nice to see free internet for all guests. No wired connection, only wireless. Sadly, internet is outsourced to AT&T and for any problems they direct you to call the 800 number. I had a room at the end of the hall by an outside door and the wireless signal was spotty.
One outlet at the desk that is available through the lamp. No available outlets bedside without unplugging a lamp or clock. This is one of those frustrating parts of traveling that is so dang easy for hotel management to fix.
Both PM and AM front desk staff are awesome! PM staff was sympathetic of internet issues but said its out of their hands and I need to deal direct with AT&T. If there was a problem with power, would they also have me contact the power company direct???
Aside from the internet, this is a nice hotel with great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center! We are conveniently located at the intersection of I-270 and Route 85 at the Francis Scott Key Mall. Our central location to historic downtown Frederick, Washington DC and Baltimore makes for an easy drive to any local area attraction or businesses.We are just minutes away from local attractions including Fort Detrick, Frederick Fairgrounds, Frederick Keys, Adventure Park, Hood College and more! Are you in town for business? We are located near several companies including State Farm, Allegheny Power, Lockheed Martin, Landmark Aviation, Bechtel, BP Solar and FKI Logistix to just name a few.This Frederick Hotel offers 155 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Our rooms offer the new Simply Smart bedding collection, complimentary high speed wireless internet access and all the conveniences of home. Dine in our 5400 Market Place Restaurant where kids 12 and under eat free*. Our indoor recreation center features a pool, sauna, miniature golf, games, fitness center, business center and more! Planning an event? We have over 13,000 Sq Ft of event space. Our experience staff will help you plan your next meeting, wedding or event. We offer catering and equipment rental.The Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center is the perfect hotel for your business or leisure travels. We are also pet friendly! Make your reservation today! *Only with the purchase of an Adult Meal ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel Frederick
- Frederick Holiday Inn