All reviews breakfast buffet french toast fitness center a king size bed the francis scott key mall nice size flat screen tv housekeeping staff plenty of parking convention microwave maryland highway
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. The room and public areas were very clean and well maintained. The room was comfortable and spacious, with refrigerator and microwave. The beds and bedding were comfortable (The pillows could have been better though.) There is a nice pool, spa, fitness center, and miniature golf. Breakfast at the on-site restaurant was very good. We also enjoyed the pool tables in the on-site bar. The location is good, near restaurants, entertainment, retail, etc.

The staff were fantastic. They bent over backwards for us. My wife went to the front desk for postage to mail a birthday card. The woman disappeared into the back for several minutes. When she returned, we found out that their postage machine was broken so she had asked several other of the employees if anyone had a stamp. She was very pleased that she found one for us which had an attractive design suitable for a birthday card. When we smelled smoke in our non-smoking room, the housekeeping manager went out of her way to track down the source, and checked back with us a couple of times to make sure the problem did not recur. The waitresses and housekeepers were also very friendly. We were really blown away by the service.

If we are ever back in Frederick, we will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Conference Center.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you so very much for posting your response! We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay and that our staff was able to accommodate your stay to make you feel at home! I am personally a huge fan of sending out birthday cards so I always keep "Celebrate" stamps on hand which is what was given to the front desk representative when postage was needed. Our guests are very important to us, so we are very glad that everyone took part to make your stay great - everyone from the restaurant staff, to the front desk, and even the housekeeping manager taking the extra time to resolve your problem! We look forward to having you back at the hotel with us when you are in Frederick again! Thanks so much!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Clean room very comfy beds, microwave and fridge in room, the lounge runs like a well oiled machine with lisa and sarah serving up smiles with every drink, they helped being away working for ten days more tolerable, the front desk also very helpful and pleasant. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: 1st floor room 186
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jakedollar
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us this past month! We are glad that our front desk and bartenders were able to take good care of you during your 10 day stay with us! We like to make our guests feel that our hotel is their "home away from home" so hopefully everyone was able to make you feel that way! We look forward to you coming back again and thank you for your positive response!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was really impressed with the customer service. The woman at the desk was so pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and the microwave and refrigerator was a plus. I would recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bowler296
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you so much for giving your feedback on your recent stay with us! It is so refreshing to hear when our guests have great stays like you recently had at our hotel. I am glad that our front desk representative was able to assist you with your stay and it's great that all of the amenities that you were hoping for, were an added benefit; in addition to the cleanliness of your room. We hope that if you are back in the area, you will stay with us again! Thanks so much :)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been coming to Holiday Inn for almost 3 years and Lisa Henry is a great addition to your Customer service. She is very accomedating when ever I stay at Holiday Inn I make it a point to stop in the loung even if I am not dining or having a drink. The front desk staff is more than Standard too thumbs up to them all.

Room Tip: Great court yard for smoking a stoggy
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wali m
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

I really appreciated reading your comments about Lisa and the rest of my staff! She is an exceptional employee and has demonstrated a very strong grasp of what excellent customer service means! So too are my front desk staff! I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future and please introduce yourself to me so that I may thank you personally.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a wedding May 25-27. The first night we stayed at a less expensive hotel and was very dissatisfied. The second night we were able to get a room at the Holiday Inn which was worth the extra money!

The room was clean, the beds were comfy, a fridge/freezer was in the room! The hotel is close to the highway and mall! We were happy with our stay for the night!

• Stayed: May 2013
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us for the wedding weekend! Hopefully you had a wonderful time at the wedding; in addition to the nice stay you had with us! We are certainly glad that you came over with us for the second night and hope that if you are back in Frederick again, you will stay with us for all of the nights of your stay :) We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you so much for your comments!