All reviewsbreakfast buffetfrench toastfitness centera king size bedthe francis scott key mallnice sizeflat screen tvhousekeeping staffplenty of parkingconventionmicrowavemarylandhighway
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a wedding May 25-27. The first night we stayed at a less expensive hotel and was very dissatisfied. The second night we were able to get a room at the Holiday Inn which was worth the extra money!

The room was clean, the beds were comfy, a fridge/freezer was in the room! The hotel is close to the highway and mall! We were happy with our stay for the night!

• Stayed: May 2013
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thanks so much for staying with us for the wedding weekend! Hopefully you had a wonderful time at the wedding; in addition to the nice stay you had with us! We are certainly glad that you came over with us for the second night and hope that if you are back in Frederick again, you will stay with us for all of the nights of your stay :) We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you so much for your comments!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

While in town for business, my employer scheduled me to stay here for two weeks. The metal bars on the vending machine as soon as I walked inside was a bit unsettling. The hallway was filthy so it was no surprise that my first floor room was outdated and NASTY. Water stains on the ceilings, dirty carpet. I ended up with a rash - bed bugs, maybe? When I advised the front desk they suggested that maybe I had brought the bed bugs with me[--] I had not traveled for work for over 5 years and my luggage was brand new - nice try Holiday Inn. Luckily my employer paid for me to switch to another nearby hotel. Not sure I would have survived another week. I would never stay here or advise anyone I knew to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank badkinz
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I am so sorry that your stay and impression of my hotel and staff was not good. We certainly want our guests to have a positive experience and it is sad that we were not able to deliver that to you on your trip. I am surprised that my front desk did not take your concerns more seriously as we are aggressive in addressing all concerns, particularly when a guest reports possible pest issues in the room. As this is very important, I would encourage you to contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this further. I have great staff and I am certain we can demonstrate better to you our committment to service.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stay was ok.... Lisa did a wonderful job at the bar. She and Margaret were wonderful!! They make it worth the trip to have a cold one!! Well worth picking here to stay!!!!!!!!!! Lisa does a great job!!! Can't wait to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comment regarding Lisa and Margaret. They are wonderful employees who really take an interest in making our guest's stay enjoyable. We recognize our employees for their exceptional efforts and I will take pleasure in sharing your comments with them. I look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Go see Lisa at Casey's Restaurant. The hotel was a lil confusing at first. Ok there are 2 Holiday Inn less than a half a mile from each other. So when you go to the wrong one and still have to wait for a clean room. The Holiday Inn was Xxtra Large style spread out. The washer and dryer was nice being a dollar each. Lisa was pleasant and helpful for me to decide what to get off the menu. Thanks Lisa

Ps I wish they had Fresh Coffee in the morning

1  Thank Michael M
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Frederick Holiday Inn. We are glad that you were able to find us and that you were able to enjoy your stay; especially with the service provided by Lisa in Casey's Lounge! We hope that if you are back in the area that you will stay with us again! We appreciate your comments and feedback and hope that you enjoyed your weekend with us! Thanks so much.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The property itself is adequate for a short stay. I was a big surprised to find one (of the two beds in our room) to be sagging in the middle. Feeling a bit like Goldilocks, I was looking for the bed which was just right. Shame one of us had to suffer a bit with a hammock for a bed. The lighting in the room was just plain bad. Low wattage lighting was so disappointing. Some bulbs were out and the overall comfort was diminished greatly. Loose and broken tiles in the bathroom gave us the feel that this property is in bad need for a complete upgrade. Service and attention from the staff was great however.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly were sad that your room experience was less than desirable and will work to correct the items that we know we can. I cannot speak to when a property upgrade may happen, but we share your comments with our company. My staff and I are committed to providing the best experience a guest can have and we are truly happy to see your positive comments regarding our service and attentiveness!