All reviewsbreakfast buffetfrench toastfitness centera king size bedthe francis scott key mallnice sizeflat screen tvhousekeeping staffplenty of parkingconventionmicrowavemarylandhighway
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Go see Lisa at Casey's Restaurant. The hotel was a lil confusing at first. Ok there are 2 Holiday Inn less than a half a mile from each other. So when you go to the wrong one and still have to wait for a clean room. The Holiday Inn was Xxtra Large style spread out. The washer and dryer was nice being a dollar each. Lisa was pleasant and helpful for me to decide what to get off the menu. Thanks Lisa

Ps I wish they had Fresh Coffee in the morning

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Michael M
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Frederick Holiday Inn. We are glad that you were able to find us and that you were able to enjoy your stay; especially with the service provided by Lisa in Casey's Lounge! We hope that if you are back in the area that you will stay with us again! We appreciate your comments and feedback and hope that you enjoyed your weekend with us! Thanks so much.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The property itself is adequate for a short stay. I was a big surprised to find one (of the two beds in our room) to be sagging in the middle. Feeling a bit like Goldilocks, I was looking for the bed which was just right. Shame one of us had to suffer a bit with a hammock for a bed. The lighting in the room was just plain bad. Low wattage lighting was so disappointing. Some bulbs were out and the overall comfort was diminished greatly. Loose and broken tiles in the bathroom gave us the feel that this property is in bad need for a complete upgrade. Service and attention from the staff was great however.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly were sad that your room experience was less than desirable and will work to correct the items that we know we can. I cannot speak to when a property upgrade may happen, but we share your comments with our company. My staff and I are committed to providing the best experience a guest can have and we are truly happy to see your positive comments regarding our service and attentiveness!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The hotel was very clean, the staff was attentive and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was very good. This is the second time we have stayed here and we have been pleased each time, and plan to return.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard have easy access to the pool, spa and fitness center.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank darrellb896
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Fantastic! Thank you for sending in your review from your previous stay with us! We really love having the dog shows with us as they are always fun and enjoyable. We are certainly glad that our staff was accommodating and you find that our hotel is clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you at the next show! Thanks so much.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We were in Maryland for a wedding. Stayed at the Holiday, March 22, 23.
Foyer area very nice and welcoming. Staff courteous and helpful.
Our room was adjacent to the pool and spa area which was very clean and very nice.
The room was okay, bath is slightly outdated. Bed was very comfy. Very quiet.

Overall, very clean, some updating would be nice, but not necessary.
Convenient to FSK mall and highway,,,

Room Tip: I believe any room would be okay. Our travelling companion had a room in the corridor and it was fine as well as ours viewing the pool. Many spiral staircases to second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for submitting your TripAdvisor review. We hope that you had a great time at the wedding and we are so glad that you stayed with us! It is always nice to hear when our staff can make a positive impact on our guests' stay with us! We are glad that you found everything to be comfortable and enjoyable during your stay and we hope to see you back with us again in the future if your travels bring you to Frederick again! Thanks so much.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I enjoyed my week long stay here. The staff was friendly and every meal I ate there was very good. I spoke to several staff members including the front desk, a chef, a waitress and my morning breakfast buffet waitress and all of them went out of their way to help me or just chat. Wednesday we were supposed to get a big snow storm and the whole town practically shut down and my seminar was cancelled that day. The staff did a great job during the day even though they probably had staff not come in due to no public transportation. Overall it was a great week and I would come back to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patricia R
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Hello Patricia!! Thank you so much for giving us such an awesome review with great comments. This will definitely be shared with every member of the staff as it seems that every one of them impacted your stay in a positive way! We are glad that we were able to have you stay with us safe and sound during the storm and we look forward to having you back again with us in the future - hopefully with beautiful weather! See you soon!