How is it that this isn't mentioned more in the reviews?? I think this foul nugget of information was a passing note in one review, and chalked up to being no big deal. Well, it was a big deal to me and a painful thing to discover at 10:00 p.m after I fought my way up 95 North through the one of the most heavily traveled traffic corridors on the East coast. Two suitcases, one well packed soccer bag, one 50 pound back pack of school work, two bags of food, jackets, and laptops, had to be carried up a flight of stairs by one tired mom and one cranky, whiny teenager. Add to it the no solace was to be found in a quiet room as we had a room overlooking a very noisy interior courtyard. I think sound was amplified to the nth degree by the high ceiling. This is just a weird hotel. Was it always a Holiday Inn? What's with the dark, dim "Holidome?" one has to pass through to get to the pool? What about the spiral staircases? Narrow, steep, metal. I tried them once. There are several hanging fluorescent lights in the interior courtyard, and then lots of old fashioned looking street lamps that, all combined, give the area and old fashioned eerie glow. It was a throwback experience. It's probably a great place if you have little kids, but we wanted a good night's sleep and we had to wait until 11:00 each night for things to quiet down. That's when the security guard must go around to send everyone to bed and secure the pool area. If you do get a room at this hotel be sure it doesn't over look the courtyard!
All that said, the staff was very friendly. We ate breakfast there both mornings and the ladies were lovely- very chipper and kind. Breakfast was around $10 each, does anyone mention that it's not complimentary? My bed was comfortable and I could regulate the room temperature to my comfort level. The room was clean enough, but the carpet had a stain on it. (Room 213, by the fridge) The refrigerator door didn't stay shut. We didn't use the microwave. Internet was slow. 3 bars out of 5. Nothing crippling, but my daughter, who has to use the internet to do her homework, had trouble getting one of her online programs to run.
We had to stay at this hotel per the orders of the Bethesda Soccer Club. We were up there so my daughter and her team could play in their tournament over Veteran's Day weekend. I would not return to this particular hotel if I had my own choice in the matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center! We are conveniently located at the intersection of I-270 and Route 85 at the Francis Scott Key Mall. Our central location to historic downtown Frederick, Washington DC and Baltimore makes for an easy drive to any local area attraction or businesses.We are just minutes away from local attractions including Fort Detrick, Frederick Fairgrounds, Frederick Keys, Adventure Park, Hood College and more! Are you in town for business? We are located near several companies including State Farm, Allegheny Power, Lockheed Martin, Landmark Aviation, Bechtel, BP Solar and FKI Logistix to just name a few.This Frederick Hotel offers 155 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Our rooms offer the new Simply Smart bedding collection, complimentary high speed wireless internet access and all the conveniences of home. Dine in our 5400 Market Place Restaurant where kids 12 and under eat free*. Our indoor recreation center features a pool, sauna, miniature golf, games, fitness center, business center and more! Planning an event? We have over 13,000 Sq Ft of event space. Our experience staff will help you plan your next meeting, wedding or event. We offer catering and equipment rental.The Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center is the perfect hotel for your business or leisure travels. We are also pet friendly! Make your reservation today! *Only with the purchase of an Adult Meal ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Frederick Hotel Frederick
- Frederick Holiday Inn