“Comfortable Beds but old bathroom”

Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Frederick is a nice place to stay after we visited Gettysburg Battlefield in PA. It is only 40 minutes away from Gettysburg. We got this hotel thru winning the bid from Priceline, so we paid a lot less than booking directly to the hotel. The beds are comfortable, has a flat-screen TV, and desk. However, the bathroom is very old and out-dated. I found a small bug when I unfolded the floor-mate towel. Overall it is a good value for what we paid for.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hanna P
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Gettysburg and we are glad that you were able to get a good deal to make the stay even better! :) If you are able to contact me to let me know which room you stayed in, I would greatly appreciate it. That will allow my team to inspect the room properly. I look forward to hearing from you and we look forward to having you back again with us! Thanks again!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently returned from a short stay at this hotel and found it to be very clean and staff super friendly. There is no elevator but what's the big deal? It is only a very short flight up the steps to your room. Great food, wonderful service, nice pool area.....what more could you ask for. Bathrooms are a bit dated but again super clean and a very nice size. The beds are sumpy comfy as well. This is my hotel of choice when I am back in Frederick!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael C
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for your great feedback! We are so pleased that you had a nice visit with us and we look forward to having you back. Our staff work very hard to make everyone's stay enjoyable with our guest interactions, cleanliness of rooms, and making everyone feel like it's their "home away from home." Again, thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was a little pricey for what you get. The room was "ok" but the bathroom needed a little updating. The lady at the front desk wasn't that pleasant to deal with. I am grateful that it was under 100.00, but you would think it would be a little more modern than what it was.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crispylivin
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and comments. We are glad that you stayed with us and were able to give us your concerns about the property so that we can look into any ways of improving. If you have any additional feedback or comments that you can describe to me, I would love to have you contact me by phone so that we can discuss them. Please feel free to call anytime!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

While most of my experience was decent from this particular hotel, the one thing that makes me rate it poorly, is that I ended up having many, many bug bites after both nights of my stay. I wasn't sure if it was the hotel the first night, so I didn't say anything the next morning. But the next evening I ended up getting more bug bites. I had to leave extremely early the next morning so I didn't even get a chance to complain. I was in town for a wedding, so unfortunately it didn't make for a very enjoyable stay. Like I said, most of the stay was fine, but bugs aren't something you want to experience in a hotel bed. I just hope they aren't bed bugs and I brought them home with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SecretAsianManWVU
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hi, and thank you for your response regarding your stay. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience at my property and I am committed to making things right. As with any stay where a guest has a problem, I would ask that you contact me, particularly in this instance, so that we can identify your room and conduct a thorough inspection of it to ensure that we do not have a problem. My staff and I are very proud of our level of service and the cleanliness of our rooms and we want you to know that we truly appreciate your feedback. I am happy that the rest of your stay was good.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Its a nice discreet hotel, near FSK mall and its really quiet @ night. Theree s a karaoke bar -night club , fitness room (gotta have it after digesting all that food) and my favorite: the swimming pool. Its usually not crowded; if you wanna be in a in-house parade, not the place for you.
Im comming back on labor day week end..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your recent response about our Holiday Inn in Frederick! We are glad that you were able to take advantage of all that we have to offer including the pool, fitness center, and lounge. Hopefully even after Labor Day, you will be back to enjoy our facility again. Thanks so much!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and i were passing through when we had car trouble and this hotel went out of their way to help.Front desk clerk called around to help us find a dealership open to get help with our car -I did not catch her name but was really nice when my mom was almost in tears trying to figure out what to do. My sister loved the golf-it really is just for kids but they have pool tables and a large(clean) pool so we all had something to do. Great food from room service-everyone nice. It was an accident but we would come back on purpose next time we go to DC or Batimore. Great employees-clean rooms-good food. Enough Said!

Room Tip: Try not to get near the pool-can get a little loud but it is a great pool!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so very much for your post about your recent stay with us. We are so glad that our staff was able to accommodate your family in your unscheduled time of need. It sounds like everyone from our front desk, to restaurant, to the housekeeping crew really made everything great and we are glad that it was able to make your stay even better. If you do travel to the DC/Baltimore area...we look forward to seeing you again - and hopefully the next time it will be with a perfectly running car! Thanks for staying with us and posting your feedback.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is really for a quick one night stop while traveling to other locations. Don't turn on the lights and inspect your surroundings to closely. The front desk was condescending and snooty.....really?! I checked in and went to the restaurant to grab a salad before bedtime...after flying all day from Ca. Unfortunately, it was rap karaoke night and it was a rather miserable experience. I patiently waited for my salad only to get raw chicken served on it. So, went to bed hungry and left as fast as I could. But, not before noticing that there were odd smear marks on the walls in my room.....was it blood? Dirt? I don't know......

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Nicole065
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear Nicole065,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We truly value comments may it be positive or negative as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. My deepest apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort you had experienced due to the room accommodations, outside noise, conduct of our hotel front desk and food served during your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve

Thank you again for your review. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N