“Bugs”

Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed September 25, 2012

While most of my experience was decent from this particular hotel, the one thing that makes me rate it poorly, is that I ended up having many, many bug bites after both nights of my stay. I wasn't sure if it was the hotel the first night, so I didn't say anything the next morning. But the next evening I ended up getting more bug bites. I had to leave extremely early the next morning so I didn't even get a chance to complain. I was in town for a wedding, so unfortunately it didn't make for a very enjoyable stay. Like I said, most of the stay was fine, but bugs aren't something you want to experience in a hotel bed. I just hope they aren't bed bugs and I brought them home with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SecretAsianManWVU
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Hi, and thank you for your response regarding your stay. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience at my property and I am committed to making things right. As with any stay where a guest has a problem, I would ask that you contact me, particularly in this instance, so that we can identify your room and conduct a thorough inspection of it to ensure that we do not have a problem. My staff and I are very proud of our level of service and the cleanliness of our rooms and we want you to know that we truly appreciate your feedback. I am happy that the rest of your stay was good.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Its a nice discreet hotel, near FSK mall and its really quiet @ night. Theree s a karaoke bar -night club , fitness room (gotta have it after digesting all that food) and my favorite: the swimming pool. Its usually not crowded; if you wanna be in a in-house parade, not the place for you.
Im comming back on labor day week end..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for your recent response about our Holiday Inn in Frederick! We are glad that you were able to take advantage of all that we have to offer including the pool, fitness center, and lounge. Hopefully even after Labor Day, you will be back to enjoy our facility again. Thanks so much!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family and i were passing through when we had car trouble and this hotel went out of their way to help.Front desk clerk called around to help us find a dealership open to get help with our car -I did not catch her name but was really nice when my mom was almost in tears trying to figure out what to do. My sister loved the golf-it really is just for kids but they have pool tables and a large(clean) pool so we all had something to do. Great food from room service-everyone nice. It was an accident but we would come back on purpose next time we go to DC or Batimore. Great employees-clean rooms-good food. Enough Said!

Room Tip: Try not to get near the pool-can get a little loud but it is a great pool!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so very much for your post about your recent stay with us. We are so glad that our staff was able to accommodate your family in your unscheduled time of need. It sounds like everyone from our front desk, to restaurant, to the housekeeping crew really made everything great and we are glad that it was able to make your stay even better. If you do travel to the DC/Baltimore area...we look forward to seeing you again - and hopefully the next time it will be with a perfectly running car! Thanks for staying with us and posting your feedback.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is really for a quick one night stop while traveling to other locations. Don't turn on the lights and inspect your surroundings to closely. The front desk was condescending and snooty.....really?! I checked in and went to the restaurant to grab a salad before bedtime...after flying all day from Ca. Unfortunately, it was rap karaoke night and it was a rather miserable experience. I patiently waited for my salad only to get raw chicken served on it. So, went to bed hungry and left as fast as I could. But, not before noticing that there were odd smear marks on the walls in my room.....was it blood? Dirt? I don't know......

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Nicole065
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Dear Nicole065,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We truly value comments may it be positive or negative as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. My deepest apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort you had experienced due to the room accommodations, outside noise, conduct of our hotel front desk and food served during your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve

Thank you again for your review. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

The staff were very nice. Alita @ front desk was super helpfull.
Pool area and recreation all feels like a little village... awesome for kids :)
Breakfast was delish and the waiters were very nice.
Rooms were clean and beds were comfy!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank APeralta5
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments! We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay and happy that we were able to accommodate your family while visiting Frederick. If you are ever back in the area, we hope that you will visit our "little village" again :) Thank you!!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We spent almost two months at the Holiday in Frederick while moving to our new house. The staff at the front desk and the waitresses who serve the morning breakfast make you feel at home. Overall the staff is very courteous. We would have liked to get some coupons to use nearby restaurants. They also have the Priority Club Wednesdays evenings and guests are invited to enjoy free snacks and drinks and can win 1000 or 5000 points towards their Priority club card.The Fitness Center will need either better equipment or guest should be provided a pass to go to the nearby fitness center.
Large parking available.
Otherwise we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Hey Michelle. Thanks so much for your post! We already miss your family being here and the Wednesday night reception was not the same without your family here this past week! I'm glad that you were able to win Priority Club points with our drawings at the reception! Feel free to come back anytime...but we are certainly glad that your new home is ready for you! We are so glad that you stayed with us and we look forward to seeing you around town! Enjoy!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We found ourselves in need of a place to stay for a Lacrosse tournament and were pleased with how things worked out. The hotel is sort of within the grounds of a mall with Macy's and such so it was close to all sorts of restaurants like Panera a little bit down the way, and across the street from a Target and Sports Authority with a Walmart very close-by. The hotel itself had a place from drinks and food but we didn't visit, instead we went to the Macaroni grill down the road in another mall which had loads of restaurants. The whole hotel was clean. The pool and hot tub were nicely kept and the kids really liked the mini golf next to the pool. The air conditioning in our room was magnificent, which meant a lot since it was 104 outside and we were hot and exhausted when we came in from a day on the fields. I will say that the beds were on the tiny side as far as doubles go so that my husband and I were a bit cramped when we slept. Luckily we only took my son because a 4th child in the room would have been unmanageable without a cot or airbed. Oh, and the bed was a bit soft for my taste, but not uncomfortable. They do allow pets which is fine, except someone let their dog bark from about 9-11 which was annoying. someone from the hotel really should walk around every once in a while to catch that sort of thing.

Overall I would go back again but would make sure to make allowances for more than one teen.

Room Tip: I would ask for a quiet room away from pets and the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Laura M, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your post! We are glad that you were were able to stay with us our hotel during your sporting event in Frederick. You were definitely here during a very hot timeframe, so I'm glad we could cool you off away from the fields. In regards to the pets, we apologize that this was not noticed on our behalf. We do have a security guard that patrols the hallways throughout the night, so we will be sure to pay closer attention to that. Again, thank you for your feedback and advice for future travelers. We are glad that you stayed with us and hope to see you again in the future. Thanks!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frederick
Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
#12 of 22 in Frederick
MainStay Suites
MainStay Suites
#18 of 22 in Frederick

Been to Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center? Share your experiences!