All reviews breakfast buffet french toast fitness center a king size bed the francis scott key mall nice size flat screen tv housekeeping staff plenty of parking convention microwave maryland highway
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We came to the hotel on business with my Husband (family of 6). Our room was NASTY and the front desk was VERY RUDE! We left after 10 minutes. We will NOT be going back EVER!

Room Tip: They do have SMOKING rooms, that are on the same floor to non-smoking all of the rooms on the second floor STINK!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

I'm terribly sorry you had a bad experience at the hotel and did not get a chance to experience a great stay. Our customer's comfort and happiness are very important to me and, when we fail, it is upsetting to everyone. I certainly understand your sentiments and would like to ask that you consider staying with us in the future. I'm always trying to improve my staff's service and would appreciate any specific comments you may have. Please feel free to contact me directly at the property. Again, I apologize for your experience and thank you for taking the time to express them.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Our room was nice. The furniture didn't seem old (though the TVs are but not an issue with us) and the room was very clean. We were there for an event and had a large cake that the restaurant stored for us.

However, check in was a nightmare. It was 4:00 on a Friday and only one employee at the desk. There was a line of us waiting to check in. Someone came out of the office on their way elsewhere and said she would be back to help out. 15 minutes later (I'm still in line!) she came back but never came back to the desk. The line moved even slower when rooms weren't clean and available. We all waited until housekeeping called back. Not sure if employees can't toggle between reservations or use the other computer but it would have been nice while one guest was waiting for a clean room if they could have moved on to the next person in line (one person waiting for a king room when doubles were available....us doubles would have appreciated moving on along!).

On a Friday, not sure why only one person was on the desk or why the other person never came back though she saw the same people still in line when she came back later. I'm in a customer service job and I found this incredibily disappointing.

Also, this is a two story hotel without an elevator. If you have mobility issues, you'll want to make sure you ask for a first floor room when you book a room.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate your compliments regarding the property. We take great care to ensure a clean and comfortable stay and I will certainly pass on your comments to my staff. Regarding the long wait, I'm sorry that my staff did not notice and take appropriate action to address this. You are very correct in your expectation that someone should have stepped out and assisted. I will be addressing this with my staff to ensure that we take better care of our customers. Please feel free to contact me to speak about this or any other concern you may have and I certainly hope you will come back and stay with us!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was recently at this particular hotel for a wedding rehearsal dinner and the waitress that served our group all night, was very inappropriate. Knowing that my husband and I were there together and that I was very pregnant, she was very inappropriate with things she said to him, and you would think that a classy hotel would have a more classy staff or at least more well mannered. Hopefully when I take it up with the hotel they will acknowledge the problem and handle it thusly.

• Stayed: March 2012
John E, General Manager at Clarion Inn Frederick Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay at my property. I take our customer's concerns very seriously and was saddened at your experience while attending a wedding rehearsal dinner. I hold my staff and myself to a high standard when it comes to the care and treatment of our valued guests and we clearly did not meet those standards while you were with us. I would greatly appreciate hearing from you regarding the details of your experience so that I may address your concerns directly with the staff member and their immediate supervisor. Simply contact the hotel directly and ask for John Eliot, the General Manager. Again, I appreciate your comments and look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed on the first floor. Used the pool and hot tub(small). Saw children small children using the mini golf area. Our large group utilized the gathering area beyond the pool for a presentation and our breakfasts. Good gathering area for large groups, buta microphone definitely needed. We loved downtown Frederick and the trolley ride. Great antique stores and quaint restaurants. We were close to a mall and walked there to buy some books at a bookstore in the mall. Great realxed mini vacation with kids 13 and 20. I am going again this summer. The only thing noisy I remember is the pool area. Friends transferred to this hotel from the Holiday Inn Express during our visit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your compliments regarding our hotel. We are very pleased to receive positive feedback from you. My hotel staff work hard to satisfy our guests during their stay and it appears that they were successful! I most certainly agree that the pool area is both a wonderful place for families. It can be a bit loud so I would recommend requesting a room that is not "poolside". I look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

When I arrived and entered the lobby, it was nice, clean quiet. I got checked in, and was told I had a room over-looking the pool, on the 2nd floor. 1st minor problem - no elevator - which normally for me is no problem but I had a 65+ pound suitcase. Now I do want to preface anything else I say from here - please read the whole review - If you are traveling with a family this is a good hotel - with the pool. Its indoor, it has a fun area around it and the rooms that over look it have little balconies and some have stairs down to the pool, there is also a small mini golf course around the pool. If you are traveling on business request a room that does NOT over look the pool as in the evenings it gets a little noisy for a few hours and there are no exterior windows in the rooms that overlook the pool. Now while the hotel did seem a little dark at times, I do not think it was dirty, just needs better lighting and some updating. The room was clean. Now I did have a problem with someone on the dining staff, I brought it to the attention of hotel management, and I also made a suggestion to management; much to my surprise the very next morning they had implemented my suggestion - for everyone in the hotel. Now I will say that is rare. As customers, how many times have you made a suggestion and felt like it fell on deaf ears. I will say this def improved the image of this hotel in my mind. I do think this hotel is dedicated to customer service, and I did see two different med to large size meetings taking place at this location. So with just a couple of specific requests on your part (the guest) you can make your stay here pleasant. Also if you get in late and the restaurant is closed there is a lounge in the hotel that serves food as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business