All reviews breakfast buffet french toast fitness center a king size bed the francis scott key mall nice size flat screen tv housekeeping staff plenty of parking convention microwave maryland highway
Reviewed September 4, 2007

After leaving the Holiday Inn Express on Patrick St because it was smoking only room for us, we were stupid enough to stay at this hotel.
I walked in at 9:30 at night carrying my screaming 4 month old. They gave us a room, and it was quite pricey. The front desk person neglected to tell us that it was connected to the indoor swimming pool. So liiterally, you could open the back door to the room and walk into the pool. The problem was, the pool was supposed to close at 11, but there were kids and adults running,swimming, screaming, and playing until the wee hours of the morning. When we complained the response was that it is usually quieter in the morning. No apology, no offers to switch us, no nothing.
The mentally challenged bell boy that was setting up the crib was the only one to offer to go out to the pool and ask them to keep it down.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed July 16, 2007

I did my research on hotels in the area and choose to stay here on my way to Virginia Beach for a mom/daughter week. I am a very frequent traveler and am very picky as to what hotels that I stay at. I was very pleased with the customer staff at the front desk during check in - very friendly. The lobby was nice and quality looking and very clean. We were very pleased with the size of the room, which came with a refrigerator and a microwave (nice little touch for the hotel). We decided to try the pool - I'm not big on swimming if the water is the least bit cold - well I was in this pool for quite some time because the temperature was perfect!!!! If you are looking for a great place for kids - this would be the place to go - you won't be dissapointed. The price is comparible with the other hotels that are just your typical hotels with nothing extra

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank travelbuddies4
Reviewed April 29, 2007

Hi Travelers,
I have stayed multiple nights at this older but recently renovated Holidome and Conference Center. This is a two story building with no elevator access to the 2nd floor however, I prefer to have my room up there. Less hallway traffic!

The staff is wonderful and will bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. On site there is an Avis rental car counter to easily rent, return or ask questions regarding cars.

The Holidome pool area is nice and clean. Kids love the pool and minature putt-putt. The workout room is adjacent to the pool but has only treadmills. A men and women's dry sauna is next to the work out room.

I don't care for the food selection, cost and hours of operation at the restaurant. However, this hotel is within walking distance to a large mall and several restaurants within a 3 mile radius.

The hotel is pet friendly and proudly hosts several dog shows a year on the outer lawn area.

Although, the hotel is older than some of the others in the area, it has less traffic noise. The walls of the hotel are very solid- concrete I think- and you rarely hear other guests.

Washer and Dryer on each floor. The 2nd floor set works alot better than the lower.

The large meeting area and large parking area make this an idea location for holding conferences and meetings.

I would recommend a stay here for a comfortable quiet night!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Honestperspective
Reviewed April 4, 2007

This hotel is great for families traveling w/kids, the pool area is great!!! There is also, Mini-golf, foosball, ping pong and a hot tub. Room was clean and comfortable. FYI Make sure you book the right hotel. The one with the pool(HOLIDOME). My reservationist booked me at the the Holiday Inn Express The 2 Hotels share the same parking lot. It made for a very involved, confusing check in. Luckily we were able to switch.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank SOJOgirl
Reviewed November 3, 2006

I am a platimun member, not acknowledged by the desk personel with the attitude going on.
I was NOT told there are NO elevators in this hotel so the smiling clerk giving me the second story room and the directions that encompassed the entire hotel property was NOT being 'nice' , hence the comment about the 'attitude'. She told me in front of her supervisor, 'what is wrong-couldnt you follow the directions?" , absolutely the comment I search for, being a professional female in an obviously male catered hotel-in fact when I made that same comment to the manager on duty, she agreed with me!-men are the norm here-I saw it; non professional men checking everything out that walked-you have no choice but to go by the bar when you are sent on the tour by the desk clerk. My male co wroker who left me in the hotel (he lives in the area) for the stay asked me in the am how it was-he was concerned by the 'tude' displayed by the front desk.
Room clean.
Food suprisingly good.
Did NOT have the champagne I drink that is on the menu in stock-"why dont I just drink the $65 a bottle stuff instead-"hence the level of service here is in need of improvement-although since it is catered to the male clientele woh are normally in extended stay hotels it makes sense
I must say the barmaid who has been here for years is wonderful despite all the BS at the hotel. She was very enjoyable to speak with and had alot to do with service recovery-except she wasnot trying to do recovery-she is just nice.The manager really tries hard. But then, why should you have to try so hard.
Poor service for female travlers; refuse to take you on shuttle to the nearby mall-so why be so close?-oh yeah, when you drive your construction van here you all can drive anywhere you want! If you need a ride and you are a breathing female- you can get a ride to the mall here!!!!
As the previous post says-where else can you stay-? the HAmpton Inn, but it is owned by the same people.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business