“Clean and tidy” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Frederick
London, United Kingdom
“Clean and tidy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel was nice,
Good points

Easy to find
Clean hard wood Floors
Clean linen
Good shower
Flat screen tv with good channels

Bad points
Poor guy on reception was there on his own
I went back 3 times and he had a long que every time

Wifi is a joke
You have to pay
I Know PAY
And it's poor
NO breakfast ,
Outside hotel to be desired

Overall would I go back
Yes but I wouldn't spend anytime outside
I would go in to my room and come back out in the morning

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smiler70

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stopped at this motel on our way back home to Pennsylvania from our vacation in Myrtle Beach. A sign in the lobby said the rooms were remodeled so I said what the heck, lets check it out. The price was very reasonable for one nights stay. It was extra for a microwave, refrigerator and Wi-Fi but we didn't need any of that so we went with the bare minimum. When we walked in we both went "WOW" No carpet, brand new wooden floors, great for my allergies! The king bed was very nicely made up with a new comforter with matching curtains. The room and bathroom were very clean. Very tastefully redone. No pictures on the walls to collect dust. Only downfall was that we had to walk three flights of steps as there was no elevator and it was a smoking room which we requested. I would recommend this motel for a quick sleepover any day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Diana S
Rohnert Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have stayed at the motel twice the time I visited Frederick for my job interviews . Not only is it pocket friendly but the service is great, the place is clean, the staff are really friendly. There is this one young lady who will make you want to stay another day. Her work mate, a one not so small gentleman is such a nice guy that I can't thank them enough. I definitely recommend any one looking for a fair priced motel to check it out!
I wish they could introduce a restaurant. With that kind of management, it would be such a great place!

Room Tip: If you are not a smoker avoid the smoking side rooms. Other than that its a great place.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Barigye
Ricardo C, Manager at Motel 6 Frederick - Fort Detrick, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
We very much appreciate your survey regarding your stay at our Motel 6 Frederick. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments and scores with our team, I especially thank you for you comments concerning Cindy and Tom our front desk agents. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement especially for them as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. As a manager your feedback is extremely important to me and I am so happy to see that you have posted them on tripadvisor.com for tons of our potential customers to see.

I am equally happy to see by your scores and comments that you liked the look of our new rooms and that our service was excellent. As you can see we have been under mayor renovations. We will also be painting our vanities, adding new faucets lastly adding faster and more important more reliable Internet service. We will also be remodeling our lobby in April as we believe it also needs an update. We believe we have made wise choices for our guest to have a great rooms as always at the lowest price of national chain and your comments help us know that we are heading in the right direction.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope your next visit will be soon to see our final product and be as pleasant as the previous one.
Madison, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband and I dropped the kids off at the grandparents in order to have some one on one time together just for one night. My husband had booked another hotel, but I asked him to change it since it would be sentimental to spend a night in the same motel we gathered with friends and family a few years earlier before we got married. Now was that a bad idea!

To start off. The place looks a bit shady, but hey, it's a motel. We were running to catch a movie so we checked in, hubby ran in to check the room to make sure everything was in order and to turn down the ac cause he knows his wife. We decided against leaving our things in the room at that time and to just bring it in later. So off we went to our dinner and movie. When we got back to our room I immediately noticed some things were off. The AC was at full blast and there was a soap wrapper on the floor by the bed. I walked over to the bathroom to see that the floor is wet, there is trash in the bin and the shower was wet. There was also a towel laying on the floor! Someone must have been in that room. I called the front desk to state the issue and they kept asking all these questions like, are you sure you locked the door? Did you let anyone else in your room? Just questions that I thought were ridiculous because why would I lie about something like this? Eventually we go through to a manager who eventually came up, saw what we saw and gave us a different room. My suspicion is that since it was an adjoining room, someone may have gotten through that adjoining door or they double-booked our room. Either way, imagine if we had left our belongings in the room?

For the one night the bed was comfortable and the shower was ok, not great, but ok. Got the heck out of there crack of dawn the next morning.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kramn
North Andover, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

What can I say? I looked for cheap and got it.
The negatives:
The outside of this motel is very dingy.
Although I was put in a "nonsmoking" room it reeked of smoke, most likely from my neighbor
The walls are VERY thin
There was hair on my bathroom floor and it wasn't mine

Positives:
Front desk staff extremely friendly both on phone and in person
Appreciated that the floors weren't carpeted as I was staying with my dog and this made me feel better in regards to the cleanliness of the room
There is a large grassy area to let the dog do his business

Room Tip: Ask to smell the room first.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Motel 6 Frederick. I am sorry that our rooms and housekeeping service did not wow you; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I am happy to hear that you enjoy the friendliness of our staff members, this means a lot to me as I believe it is our most important job. Was there and issue with cleanliness of the room besides the smell of smoke or anything about the room that we could do better? We would love to know what we could have done differently so that our staff would have received the highest scores in your eyes?

I am sorry to see by your scores that we are even below standard, as I think that is what a 2 rating means to me. We just had a 400 question inspection on quality, this inspections are unannounced and are all looked at how our guest sees our property and I am happy to say we scored a 87.3. This is the high standards our housekeeping staff displayed day in and out, I am sorry to see by your scores that you did not experience this. I am also sorry to see that you were unable to enjoy all the hard work we have put into our newly renovated rooms. It is hard on us when obviously one of other guest broke our rules of not smoking in one of our non smoking rooms but you are right housekeeping should have caught it. This one of the reasons we have taken away the carpet, replaced by the hardwood like floor, we have taken off the wall paper and added a fresh color pallet to our rooms, we think it helps with smell but we have also added new flat screen tvs, new beds, new furniture to 70% of our rooms, new bedding, new curtains, new lighting and upgrades to our bathrooms such as a towel caddy, lighting, towel bars, mirrors etc. We are here to provide a clean comfortable room where everything is in working order for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us and would love to get additional comments from you, you may send them to m62016bo@motel6.com. All of this while continuing to be the lowest priced guaranteed out of any national chain.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. When you are ready to make a reservation please feel free to call me directly, I would be happy to make your reservation and inspect the room personally so that on your next visit so we can prove that we have rooms that met or exceed your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Frederick hotels

Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

They have done some upgrades. New paint, curtains, bedding. They changed the floors to wood like linoleum. It's ok but a little cold in the morning. Still has the same old furniture though. Some of the furniture was missing from the room. No chair or table. Looked bare. Our bed was to be a king but it was a queen.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy K
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The rooms were ok for the money, but i think they need alot more UPGRADING. Beds were ok there were gaps under the door where bugs could come in. The room smelled like musty, I looked in the air vents and I saw MOLD that made me sick to my stomach. I was going to stay a week but after that i had to leave. I went to stay with my friends. After staying there i did get sick and found out that the mold smell that i was breathing in caused it. Will never stay here again

Room Tip: I can say that most of these photo on here are not true the dinner meal. where at sure as can be not...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Frederick - Fort Detrick, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Tine L,