Days Inn Frederick
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$100
ComfortInn
$174
$169
TownePlace Suites
All reviewswaffle houseroom was cleanfront deskgranolaneeded a place to staynothing fancyfree breakfaststay there againpleasant stayflat screenwafflesenjoyed my stayone night staystaff was friendlythe breakfast areamotelregistration
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Days Inn where I live are normally nicer than what I saw in Frederick MD. The check in was in a separate building and the entrance to the room was outside. Next to an interstate and very noisy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank runforit
Bob6450, Manager at Days Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2011

We appreciate your comments, hopefully you will give us another opportunity to delight you. We have new management and are working very hard to make everyone's stay great!

Reviewed August 17, 2010

I "planned" a last minute trip to D.C. with my son just before school started. I am a single parent on a very tight budget, so staying in the city was out of the question. We also had to go to Lancaster, PA before coming home, so Frederick was convenient to both locations. I did not make reservations, just stopped in after 12 exhausting hours in the car. The lady at the front desk found a discount for me (I am a teacher) although I don't usually qualify for discounts. She was very nice and full of tips and advice for our trip to the city. We stayed for 3 nights. I was in the last building, facing the truck parking lot. It was a little creepy at first, but we had no problems at all. No noise, no fights, no drunks, nothing. Housekeeping made my son's bed every day and put his teddy bear on the pillow in the middle. This is not a new or updated motel. It's old, but everything worked in our room.
Oh, and we had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and hair dryer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We stayed at a Days Inn in Portland and enjoyed the breakfast they had, so we decided to go with another one on this trip. It's true, the office is not attached to the rest of the hotel. While different, I believe that we have driven about the same distance around other hotels we've stayed at to get to our room (with attached offices). It's also true that the office looks like it has been overhauled, while the rooms look dated. We were amused by the iron shape spot on our carpet. Besides having an iron, there was also a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, and of course, a TV in our room. Thanks to those who posted about the safe fee. We had ours removed as well. Hot water came in seconds to both the faucet and shower, which was so nice after a day of hiking. We could hear people in other rooms when we arrived, but it was quiet during the night.

The breakfast wasn't as diverse as the Days Inn in Portland, but more than enough to fill us up. We got this room for under $80, and it served it's function perfectly. If you are looking for a place to sleep, this hotel will work out fine. If you need the rooms to look like the front office, you may want to ask to see a room first before committing.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NPS_Tumbleweeds
Reviewed June 10, 2009

We were driving to Newport News, VA and could only make it the 6 hours to MD in our first night after working that day. I booked this hotel because it seemed like a good place to stop. Getting into Frederick at 2am, we were able to easily find the hotel coming off the interstate. A very gracious man greeted us as we dragged ourselves to check in and we gladly collapsed in our room. Beds were very comfortable and large. Room was spacious, A/C was great. We didn't even need to drive to have breakfast the next morning because there were 2 options available, a continental breakfast from the hotel was available or because we slept in our choice was the Waffle House which shares the parking lot with the hotel. The hotel is a great value for the money, and a good stopping point along the way.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank import83
Reviewed May 3, 2009

This website was recommended to me as being reliable for hotel reviews. I've used it often to get info on hotels. Most of the reviews make it hard for me to a book hotel without having some trepidation about what I'm going to find when I get to the hotel. I've come to the conclusion that people are extremely picky and expect TOO MUCH.

I enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn Frederick. The room was clean. So what that the actual rooms were BEHIND the check-in building! Yes, the room smelled like a hotel room. It was not offensive, rank, disgusting or otherwise. It smelled like EVERY other hotel I've been in! It had a hairdryer, refrigerator, microwave and safe. Clean sheets and blankets. The only negative thing I could say was the TV reception wasn't great. All the channels except HBO were a little on the fuzzy side. HBO was crystal clear. Was I there for the TV? NO. It completely served it's purpose, it was close to ALL the restaurants and stores and the Fairgrounds where the marathon was. It was PERFECT for the $83.00 I spent. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Just make sure you ask them to remove the $1.06 safe charge if you don't use the safe. I would recommend this place anytime. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple