All reviewsroom was cleanclose to downtownwafflesstaff was very friendly and helpfulfront desk staffwould stay againplenty of parkingfree breakfastsinkgroceryhighwaymarylandcerealmoteldc
Reviewed October 31, 2017

I would have given zero stars if I could, this hotel was honestly the worst I have ever stayed in. I travel for work and pleasure over 10 times a year and have stayed in 5 star hotels and then this one. BEWARE it is RIGHT on the line of the freeway and the noise level is so high that my husband and I were trying to sleep with pillows over our heads. I made this reservation well in advance and only because it said in Historic Frederick, but I kid you not people, the constant freeway noise was the worse. Shame on you Best Western for not doing whatever you could to muffle the noise, triple pane windows, SOMETHING. I wish we wouldn't have been so tired when we finally got to the room for the night to ask for a change, but I really don't know if it would have helped because of how the hotel is situated. It really ruined our trip and we were dead tired the entire next day, so please don't make me tell you I told you so...stay away from this one, there are many other nice hotels OFF THE FREEWAY.

Room Tip: If you must stay there, ASK for a room that is quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Went to historic Fredrick Best Western for a friend's wedding. The place is older but clean and staff are friendly. Breakfast was free and good. I would stay again. Lots of people there so it seems like a reliable place to stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Absolutely disgusted by this hotel.

Traveling with my newborn 2 weeks postpartum and the power went out at 4 am and still wasn't on when I checked out at 11. No light to not only take care of the baby, but no light to check/take care of moms stitches either.

When we realized the power was out at 6 am, we went to the front desk to see if it was just the room or the entire hotel and were informed it was the entire block. We asked if that meant there would be no continental breakfast, the girl very rudely said "well go to mcdonalds... you can bring me something too."

My boyfriend got back to the room and told me this is what she said and annoyed I went back to the front desk... well this time she was out front smoking a cigarette and there wasn't even anyone at the front desk.

Also at this point we noticed the exit signs weren't lit up and the emergency lights in the hallway never came on with the power outage. Our basic safety in this hotel wasn't even cared for.

I called best western corporate and said how horrible the staff was, the safety concern, and how unhappy I was that I paid for the amenities I wasn't getting because of the power outage. I was very understanding telling them I knew that the power was beyond their control but I was frustrated as a paying customer. The woman said she understood and agreed the front desk's comments were uncalled for. She then told me she would refund me if she could but it had to go to the front desk staff first and filed a report- said that even though it was a best western, best western technically wasn't responsible for the individual hotel and they would have to deal with the issues. This I found very alarming because I paid extra to stay at a best western rather than stay at a not recognizable hotel chain, as I've done many times before. I expect to pay extra for a best western not just because the name on the building but because they typically stand for better service and more reliability. If they have no consistency between franchises & they don't uphold the same standards, then there is no point in paying extra for the best western name. (& trust me, I won't ever again). I went back and dealt with the rude staff again, making my concerns known. I asked for the manager upon check out and it turned out the front manager was actually the rude girl from before (lucky me). I explained that I understood it was beyond their control but asked if I would have any compensation for the terrible experience and the fact I couldn't use the air conditioner, had no hot water, etc. etc. and she said that she couldn't do any refund or partial refund for the inconvenience or lack of amenities and then rudely said, "you know I'm working in these conditions too". She seemed to not understand that her sitting there talking to another employee, doing nothing, while getting paid was a little different then me paying nearly $100 dollars for a room and getting this result. Also, more so than the money it was the struggle that it caused me and my newborn being without power and hot water that was frustrating for me- which she had no compassion for. I called corporate back and complained again, this time asking for a supervisor when again my concerns for safety and the exit signs & emergency lights not coming on was dismissed. Supervisor 'Mike' got back on the phone with me and proceeded to tell me that they had a week to resolve the issue and that he would reach out to the general manager of the hotel instead of the front end manager that I had spoken with and he would personally call me within the week to resolve the issue (& that he would ask the GM about the emergency lights). Never did I receive a phone call.

I waited two weeks and called corporate again, I was dismissed and told that it wasn't there fault the power was out so no compensation would be given and shooed off the phone. When I did also mention the safety concern of the exit signs and hallway lights being out I was again dismissed and told that she was sure someone checked into that but would make a note.

No one seemed this entire time not only to care about the horrible service, the services I didn't get as a paying customer, or the fact that there was a major safety issue.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED BY BEST WESTERN & the fact that I found out their name means nothing, no quality standards or accountability. I will not be staying with best western again and I urge you not to bother either.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Odessa W
Reviewed October 20, 2017

We arrived for one night mid week in October. The room size is average with average decor. There was no folder to give us any information on where to find dining or delivery.
The room was very clean which is very much appreciated.

The bathroom was so small it was comical. Sitting on the toilet had me crammed up against the wall with my leg tucked under the toilet paper dispenser. It was also very short and hard on my knees.

The beds had those lumpy half pillows that I dislike and the mattress was not the most comfortable .

Breakfast was pretty good. Well stocked and had fresh fruit, waffles ,eggs, hash browns, sausage along with the cereal, yogurt etc.

This is a pet friendly hotel . We didn't have pets with us so I don't know what the charge is.

Over all average average average

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor near the front entrance. It was a little noisy but quieted down by 10.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kathleen w
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

The problems started as soon as we checked in. They gave us a room and our key. We got all our belongings and walked to the room which was still being cleaned?! How do you let someone check in if the room is not even finished? We waited for about half am hour in the parking lot and checked back, it was finally finished. They did a horrible job. There is still hair on the sheets (obviously not new linens) and dirt on the bathroom floor. Speaking of...the bathroom is incredibly cramped and tiny. Here it is 930 at night and there are constant doors slamming shut and non stop loud talking in the hallway. I would not recommend this hotel and will not be back.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family