“What I expected”

Best Western Historic Frederick
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed for three nights. The room was clean and the breakfast was fine. Security was compromised by a faulty lock on the door from the parking lot. Although the problem was reported the day we arrived, the lock remained unfixed at the time of our departure. As a place to sleep, It was adequate, but nothing exceptional.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Historic Frederick

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room was average, had been remodeled but cheaply. Clerk at check-in was not friendly. Acted like we were an interuption. Had to walk around 2 buildings to get ice. Pillows were the worst. When I made a comment at the desk I was told they had jsut been replaced, Was ok for a stop but don' expect too much service

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

There was nothing too horrible, but as a well seasoned business traveler, I was not impressed. My issues were: 1) the curtain track did not allow the curtain to cover the entire window allowing light in through the entire night. 2) Noise Level. Thin walls to say the least. I heard every conversation that occurred in the hall all night. I also heard every door slam shut as well. Not a good nights sleep for 3 nights! 3) Outlets and lamps were 50/50 for working. 4) The television tent providing the channels was severely out of date. 5) The first morning I went to partake of the breakfast I was appalled to see the cleaning staff set a bottle of cleaner down on the food table with the nozzle over the food. I don't think it dripped, but it could have. I found a coffee shop for the remainder of my stay. 6) The restroom is so small that to close the door you had to stand in the bathtub.
Lastly- the staff that I came in contact with was polite, helpful, and always had a smile. They were the best part of this stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I just called to try to make a reservation and was put on hold, no response, finally hung up the phone. If this is any indication of customer service and the rest of the hotel experience, I'm glad that I have chosen to pass and go on to another hotel.

Room Tip: never was able to experience the hotel due to the poor customer service on the phone
Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank pronsard
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I made a reservation two months prior to my sons wedding. After preparing the venue, and needing somewhere to get ready for the wedding, we are told they have no room for us and they are "fully booked". Needless to say, we where "unhappy". To top it off the person at the desk was very unappologetic, and rude. He did find us a room at the last minute, which ended up being awful. Small bathroom that you can hardly undress in. I would never stay here again or recomment to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

As we walked in, we saw a large spider crawling across the lobby floor. Another guest checking in in front of us said "that's not a good sign.". He was right. The bathroom was smaller than those on cruise ships, and ours boasted flaking paint. The water tasted like chlorine out of the sink. There was no sink in the bathroom. The breakfast was poor - powdered eggs. We were supposed to stay two nights, but we cancelled the second night within an hour of our arrival. This property is in serious need of renovation.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here one night unexpectedly. Decent hotel - clean, beds comfortable (though small), shower works well, okay price. The problem I had with it is that no one seemed to be minding the store for breakfast (we went down about 8:00). Most of the tables were dirty, the coffee was nearly gone, the trash was overflowing, and the whole area was generally untidy. I never saw anyone around doing anything. Also, very limited in their selection of healthier foods (they did have fresh fruit) but this is a complaint I have about nearly all American hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family