“Fun” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miyako - CLOSED

Miyako
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our Specialties The TANZO Japanese Steak & Seafood experience featuring Teppanyaki, Traditional, and Sushi dining options. We look forward to serving you as you experience the spectacular cuisine and entertainment for which TANZO is famous! TANZO Japanese Steakhouse specializes in Teppanyaki or Hibachi cooking. Guests will delight as a personal chef prepares succulent steak, chicken, and seafood dishes according to the ancient Hibachi style of food preparation. While the preparation method is traditional, each chef brings their own sense of humor and spontaneity to the table. All entrees are prepared at your table by Teppan Chefs in a display of flashing knives and exotic aromas. Every meal is a culinary and performance delight that you are sure to enjoy. Known for our spectacular cuisine and entertainment, TANZO is fun for all ages. Whether you bring your family, friends, or a date, let us bring you a little closer to a taste of Japan and an experience that draws everyone together. Come join us for your Birthday, Anniversary, or Special Occasion. It's your chance to enjoy Japanese in a unique dining experience for your special day! We will be delighted to adapt our services for your specific occasions such as group banquets, wedding rehearsal dinners, anniversaries or birthdays. Perfect for Families and Large Groups BE OUR GUEST!
Clarksburg, Maryland
“Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The food is good and the dining experience is always a blast.

Pipestone, Minnesota
“YUM YUM!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Get the YUM YUM sauce! We get double yum yum when we go here :)

This is the second time I've eaten here (stop here on my visits to see my sister, she eats here quite frequently!) I had the Salmon and it was delicous! Last time I ate here I had scallops and steak and that was great too! My sisters favorite is shrimp (or steak and shrimp).

You get a lot of food, but it's SO good! The soup, salad, entree, veggies and of course fried rice! Dump yum yum all over the fried rice it's SO good!!

• Visited March 2012
Frederick, Maryland
“Full stomach, empty wallet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Having read a couple of recent reviews and being a somewhat frequent patron to this place I agree with most of what is being said. In my opinion the food is good to very good; it all depends on the chef preparing it. Most of the time the chef has the cooking area under control but there has been an occasion or two when the shrimp and/or chicken is overcooked and dry due to 'chef oversight'. Overall the portions are good. Surprisingly, I've noticed the vegetable portion seems to be lighter and contain more onions than other vegetables. If anything, the vegetable portion has the opportunity to look impressive on the taste and quantity levels for less cost than the main meal.

I also agree the price point for the meal is about $4 higher than it needs to be. A family of 4 should not have to spend around $100 dollars for this level of food and experience. The difference in price for the children's menu and regular is almost double and the limit is 10 years and younger.

This place has managed to do well over the years so something is working more than being broken. But repeat business is key to a revenue stream in the restaurant business. If people are not coming back often, they are going other places and may become repeat customers there instead. My advice is they should entice more with coupons providing a two-fold benefit. One, it's good marketing and gives people a reason to go here instead of someplace else. Two, it helps keeps something left in the wallet at the end of the night. Nowadays, something left in the wallet is a good and needed thing for anyone.

-Paperman

• Visited February 2012
Middletown, Maryland
“Wheres the rest?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The food tastes very good but for the cost per plate I would expect a larger portion.

1 Thank MommaLlama2
Bethany Beach, Delaware
“Fresh, Good Price, Friendly Host and Fast Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I ordered sushi from here at least once per week and we were always pleased with the freshness of the sushi as well as the price.

Visited January 2012