“Short but Sweet Stay at Stone Manor”
Review of Inn At Stone Manor

Inn At Stone Manor
Ranked #3 of 6 Frederick B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Great spot about 15min outside Frederick; idyllic location and beautiful house - very well kept, very clean. Innkeepers Vern and Astra are very welcoming and even guided us to some nearby trails for a hike. Overall great experience, we hope to return before too long.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Davmy

Reviewed April 20, 2011

We honeymooned for two nights in the Laurel two-room suite at Stone Manor and were very impressed. The rooms were clean, comfortable and filled with period pieces of furniture; an around-the-clock coffee/tea bar was available outside the room; the breakfast was well-made and gourmet quality; and the grounds were peaceful and filled with interesting things to look at and photograph, from an old wooden bridge and a pond that is home to geese and herons, to grape arbors set up to produce wine grapes and bee hives along the tree line. If you want a peace and quality all around, and are willing to spend more than a motel or hotel costs in order to get more of a manor-style home atmosphere, then this is it.

Room Tip: Some are two-room suites, some single rooms
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindaFrench52
Reviewed February 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I were looking for a romantic getaway for valentines day. He works in Baltimore and I in western MD. We needed a place in the middle. So we search the internet and came across Stone Manor. First, let me say the pictures do not do this place any justice. This wonderful B&B far exceeded our greatest expectations. I arrived early to be greeted by the inn keepers. I've never met nicer. I was given a little tour of the house and then shown to my room. The laurel suite. It was perfect. Decorated perfectly. Big antique bed bath tub for two and a fire place. While I waited for my partner the innkeepers brought me maps and brochures for several local food\activities. We had the most romantic night. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I will be returning to stone manor first chance we get. And definately next valentines day will be spent in this wonderful romantic spot.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed January 17, 2011

One word describes this Bed & Breakfast: Perfect. Nestled in the rustic Frederick County countryside, amid rolling fields and sleepy farmland, this beautiful manor house offers quiet tranquility, comfort and luxury. My wife took me here for a birthday weekend, and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in the Gardenia room, which is the newlywed suite, and loved the fireplace, hot tub and elegant furniture. We saw no reason to venture into town for dinner and just made a picnic by the fireplace with supplies purchased in Frederick. The best part of this B&B are the proprietors: Vern & Astra. They are super sweet and helpful and clearly love what they do (as well as each other). This B&B is a hidden gem!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2008

The rooms were very clean, well decorated and spacious. The innkeepers were very pleasant to talk with. My only criticism would be that no one asked about dietary needs for breakfast, and I was not able to consume the main dish. Other than that, our stay here was fantastic. Just a beautiful, well kept up building and very kind innkeepers.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 1, 2008

We came out to Frederick for a wedding at another location and decided to stay at Stone Manor for the night. Very quiet and serene. The rooms are really nice and the innkeepers are great. Good value.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Did I have a good time at Stone Manor? You betcha! Would I go back? In a heartbeat. The innkeepers, Vern and Astra are outstanding at their job...so accommodating coming up with great suggestions for what to do and see in the area.
Our room,The Laurel, was part of the original four room home built in 1750. How cool is that? We learned Stone Manor is composed of three separate divisions.The oldest part was built in1750 by a gentleman farmer(translation: owns the land but doesn't work it.) The second addition came in 1850 for a working farmer with a larger family and the last addition in1975-76 for a professional group who built with a country club/ bed and breakfast in mind. It all comes together beautifully--the old and the new --and if you can catch Vern or Astra at a slow time they 'll probably point out the different additions.
The inn is decorated beautifully and conveys a feeling of romance and times gone by.The grounds go on forever and the birds! Real live bluebirds! Coming from New Jersey it was thrilling to sit at an outdoor table with a cool drink and wait to catch a glimpse of those gorgeous little guys. Our breakfasts were scrumptious...blueberries,strawberries,yogurt,granola and a Paula Deen -type casserole..yummy with potatoes,eggs, sausage and cheese and juice and good hot coffee. Another day a breakfast dish of ham,eggs and cheese served with fresh baked muffins plus fresh fruit etc was provided.
I can't wait to see the inn with snow on the ground . I'll rebook The Laurel and enjoy its gas fireplace while curled up with a Jane Austen novel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frederick
Bavarian Inn
#1 of 6 in Frederick
Hollerstown Hill
Hollerstown Hill
#2 of 6 in Frederick

Been to Inn At Stone Manor? Share your experiences!