“Hands down the best attention to detail & incredible hospitality”
Review of 10 Clarke Place

and 1 more site!
10 Clarke Place
Ranked #1 of 6 Frederick B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Hands down the best attention to detail & incredible hospitality”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband Chris and I found 10 Clarke Place by accident, and it honestly was the best thing that could've happened! We decided on a short weekend away from home (DC), and Frederick seemed like a good location. Every hotel was booked, and thankfully so! Monique's gem is truly a masterpiece. I was blown away by Monique and her husband's hospitality, attention to detail, kindness, and accommodation. And the room was super comfortable. They also allowed us to use their fridge to store leftovers, they allowed us to hang out in their parlour for a couple hours before dinner, they served us fresh banana bread, and for breakfast -- Monique made the most incredible molten choc waffles and served them with her grandmother's maple syrup. So WONDERFUL. Everything. When we left, Monique sent me away with a huge clipping of beautiful flowers from her weigela bush on the side of the house. When we return to Frederick, we'll definitely stay at 10 Clarke Place again.

Room Tip: Every room is cozy and beautiful. And the B&B's location is perfect for walking to the main...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Millersville, Maryland
Reviewed May 31, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at 10 Clarke Place for an overnight following a late reservation at Volt. If you are visiting for that purpose, the house is ~15 minute walk straight down Market St, so your constitutional is built in.

Monique, the proprietor, is incredibly gracious and was very responsive prior to our visit, offered a glass of wine prior to leaving for our reservation and had beverages set up in the sitting room on our return.

The room impressively decorated and with a huge amount of natural light (we were in a second corner room). The bed was comfortable (on the firm side, which was perfect for me). The bathrooms are private, though down the hall from the guest room. Very nice shampoo/conditioner/bodywash/mouthwash provided.

The breakfast was phenomenal -- yeast-risen chocolate waffles with strawberries, a roasted tomato/mozzarella frittata, and green smoothie with tea and great local coffee available.

Will certainly be back, and cannot recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed May 30, 2014

10 Clarke Place was the perfect choice for our "staycation" and first B&B experience. Monique was such a great host and really puts heart and time into making her guests feel welcome and at home.

Walking distance from the heart of downtown, we were able to enjoy the city life and have a delicious dinner just around the corner.

I HIGHLY recommend 10 Clarke Place!! My husband and I will definitely be returning.

Severna Park, Maryland
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Monique aspires to have the very best B&B around...and she succeeds in every way. From the warm welcome she and her husband extend, to the thoughtfully decorated rooms, ironed (!) sheets, and gastronomic breakfast (sublime chocolate waffles, smoothie, top-shelf bacon, etc), you will "score" if you stay at #10!! Gracious living...

Room Tip: No a bad room to be had but there are a couple on the third floor...
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great experience at 10 Clarke Place. Monique was a great host. Breakfast was yummy. Felt very comfortable and welcome. Far enough away from the busy parts of downtown but a covenient walk to some neat places. Hope to return. Will recommend to family and friends for a nice little getaway. Frederick, MD is a fun place as well. My wife and I stayed here for our 13th anniversary get away and were very pleased with our accomodations.

• Stayed May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Me and my husband booked 10 Clarke Pl so we had a place to stay on our wedding night. I also needed a place to get ready and Monique (innkeeper) was super friendly and helpful and allowed me to check in earlier. Getting there she offered me an entire floor so I felt very comfortable, she also offered me some flowers from her garden to add to my bouquet and allowed my photographer to take as many pictures as she wanted and to move things around if she needed to, making this experience the best I could hope for.The building itself is beautiful and full of character, you feel like going back in time.
The Breakfast was delicious, best smoothies and chocolate waffles I've ever had! I completely recommend staying there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Owings Mills, Maryland
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Ten Clarke Place has a great location, far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Market Street, but still walking distance from all of the great restaurants and bars. It is a lovely Victorian home built in the 1800s and cared for by the Innkeeper/Owner for 20 years. We stayed in the Turret Suite which is a spacious sunny room. It has a wonderfully comfortable bed with controls for heating. Our Innkeeper made us a huge breakfast (smoothie, waffles & fruit, bacon and a fritatta). Our Innkeeper, on arrival, was helpful and kind and provided much information about the area.

We booked 10 Clarke Place through Airbnb. This was our first experience with booking through this online service and we were a little confused about how it worked. Some things about our stay were not communicated properly and complicated matters which lead to some disappointment.

3 Thank Judy J