“Fresh and tasty pizza”

Pistarro's Ristorante Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #12 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been here twice, both times for lunch and enjoyed my dining experience both times. The pizza is thin crust but very good, I loved the sauce and cheese. My husband had wine and was very pleased with his choice and the pour was ample.

Both times we were sat with others but I like the whole community seating arrangements from my days at the local Italian restaurant in my hometown.

Our food came to us quickly and was as expected. We will definitely return.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I was really looking forward to eating here, so I called ahead around 430 pm on a Saturday. I asked about what time they get busy since we would be coming with two small children. The hostess said they usually go on a wait around 6 pm. Coming from Middletown, we left at 5 pm and arrived at 520. We were quite surprised to find the place completely packed. We asked the hostess for a table, and she told us it would be a 40 minute wait. Needless it say we were quite annoyed since we had just driven 20 minutes with our two kids.

I think it's great that they're busy, and I've only heard good things about this place, but having worked in restaurants, I'm not buying that it got that crowded in a matter of 40 minutes. Had the hostess been experienced, she would have told me on the phone to leave ASAP to avoid a wait.

Obviously a 40 minute wait is not acceptable with two small kids, so we just ended up turning around and going home. Definitely not a great first impression. Your hostess/ maître de is the first person your guests interact with, and they need to be professional, knowledgeable, and honest.

I look forward to trying this place again, but I'll make sure to leave by 430 if I'm going on a Saturday night.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

When I called to inquire about whether or not reservations were necessary, the hostess explained the concept of community seating, so we were prepared when we arrived. All of the tables in the main dining room seat six, so if you have a party of two you will share a table with another party of two with two empty seats in between. We did not see any larger party's sharing a table so I assume that they only do it with couples. If you don't want to hear other people's conversation or watch food that is not yours arrive at the table, this is probably not the restaurant for you! It worked fine for us- more space between us and the other couple than there is at most fables for two at The Tasting Room. Calamari was incredible and the pizza exactly like what you find in Naples. We will be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice atmosphere and decor. Food is absolutely amazing. Must try the artichokes, pastas and pizza!!! Great staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

It is an understatement that there are no truly authentic good Italian eateries in Frederick. They all seem to have their issues. Pistarro is a welcome new addition but it too hasa few issues as below:
1.service at the bar= exceptional, while service at the tables= spotty/inconsistent. The busier it was , the spottier service was and eating outdoors exacerbated this.

2. the pizza is quite good however could use a little more seasoning, a wee bit more basil (as applicable) or similar. Quality ingredients are costly, but being stingy with these really impacts the Pizza experience.

3. while dining at the table: long time waiting for check, dessert (should not take 20 min to obtain 2 cannolis)

4. first beer was in a large 16(?) ounce glass. second exactly same one came in a 12 ounce smaller glass- same price- not a great idea...what happended?

5. very very loud inside dining.

6. when crowded( around 5:45 til about 8 PM), the pizzas tend to come out delayed despite the large contingency of chefs manning the pre and oven areas -and a little inconsistent on how the crust comes out- sometimes witha wee bit of really burnt bubbles alternating with barely baked enough...never raw (thankfully)

NOW---on the PLUS side:
1. Clean restrooms
2. excellent bar service, attentive bartenders
3. the pasta dishes were appropriate portions, came out hot, were clearly fresh.
4. Salads were exceptional, fresh and unique, not drowned in dressing- very lightly dressed not soaked and dripping!
5. appetizers were very good overall for example: tender not chewy calamari, properly prepared
6. water glasses always filled, never have to beg for water.
7. very good coffee

so overall we will return, but will try to do so when they are not as busy, as it appears that they seem to fall apart