“Beautiful hotel in quiet but convenient location.”

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I have stayed here many times usually for a wedding weekend or just a romantic get away. The rooms are well appointed and spacious,especially the king room. THe lobby area is both beautiful and comfortable.The staff has always been very helpful and courteous.The only downside is that the view from the room is not much to look at. On the most recent visit the bathroom was showing signs of wear with a large chunk of porclein missing from the tub and some wall paper starting to peel.The room was still very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank califdr
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. In our effort to constantly improve our service and amenities we appreciate when our multiple stay guests let us know what they have seen fro their first stay through their most recent stay. I love talking with first time guests and them stating that tehy thought that we were a 1st year property. As a nearly 4 year old property we have now started to experience the wear and tear that all hotels experience. We are putting plans in place to make sure that we can provide every guest with the "1st yeaqr hotel" experience.

We look forward to your next visit with us so that you can see some of our improvements.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I have to say in regards to location this Hotel is in a nice quiet location, but also close to shopping and food. Speaking of food seriously Hilton 10 bucks for that tiny thing you call a breakfast buffet?!? It took the "chef" twenty minutes to find a spatula to make me an omelet on Monday morning. Even though I had a gift certificate for free breakfast everyday, I went elsewhere. If you like cold eggs, hard bacon, and OLD Bay seasoned potatoes then this is the breakfast for you!
The room was decent, same Hilton design. Television was decent, but the channels were duplicated not sure on that one. I was here for Business and it took me forever to load web sites, and VPN to work. It says HIGH Speed Internet. Its not HIGH speed its free Marginal Speed Internet, Marginal being 250Kbps slow, I decided to load my facebook page and after 2 minutes gave up. I thought it was my personal computer so went down to the business center. Same issue slow as grass growing.
The staff was always nice, and had cookies when you arrived at the end of the day.
Personally I usually go with Hampton Inn. Always more stuff to me, for less price. At least Hampton Inn will give me toothpaste without pointing to the "Pantry" to buy it, which BTW that Pantry was a joke. Looked like a bachelor fridge in there. Some beers, a few snacks. Not many choices.
Bottom Line don't go here if you are on business and need internet. There are cheaper better options in town.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank fusioncom
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on your recent stay with the Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick. I want you to know that we take all reviews of our hotel serious and that I will be reviewing your comments with all of my Management and staff so that we can provide better service for all of our guests. I apologize for any and all inconveniences that you experienced while you were here. We offer a full breakfast buffett that includes many made to order items like, french toast, pancakes, and eggs any way you like. I look forward to the opportunity to show you that what you experienced is not the normal experience at the Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I went for a wedding in Frederick and this was the hotel choice of the bridal couple. They couldn't have picked a nicer place. The entire staff, from night check-in to morning front desk, to chef, to breakfast servers to maintenance guy were all so very friendly. They were engaging without being obtrusive.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey on your recent stay. We take great pride in providing guests with the best in service and making you part of our HGI family. I will be sure to pass your kind words to my entire staff.

Reviewed June 19, 2010

very standard garden inn, best Hotel in Frederick though, Price ok. Parking free, breakfast ok, fitness improvable, Wireless internet did not work. friendly staff, free breakfast for gold and diamond members. for dinner in frederick, ma go to the 'tasting room' but reservation is required, about a 10 min drive. streets into town are very complicated, take a map or GPS to find back to the hotel

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We enjoyed our stay. The Suite was very spacious and accommodated two adults and two children quite comfortably. The two rooms separated by a hall and bathroom made it semi private for the adults and children. The two flat screen tv's were a plus, which allowed the children to watch their shows without disturbing us. Beds are quite comfy. Jesse was very personable and accommodating. He asked if we would be using the pool and suggested a room on the same floor, which was perfect. The breakfast was scrumptious (waffles, pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage links, turkey sausage, home fries, omelets, grits, oatmeal, a variety of muffins, fruit, four kinds of juice, etc. and more than enough. The entire staff in the restaurant went over and beyond to make you feel welcomed. The restaurant was quite busy, but none of the staff seemed bothered by it and still treated you with a smile and as if you were the only ones in the restaurant. They really work hard and this note is to let Corporate know of their dedication to make guests feel at home, even though I feel they could use some more staff to help. The indoor pool was just the right size and never too crowded. We can hardly wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
pmichael77, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

Ms. Hampton,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It makes me proud as a manager to know that the employees hard work and dedication to their job reflects so positively in our guests eyes. Thank you for singling out Jesse, our front desk agent. I know that he will be thrilled!! Please know that I discuss all reviews with my staff and your kind words will be shared. We look forward to hosting you and your family the next time you make your way to Frederick again.

Patrick Michael-General Manager

Reviewed January 4, 2010

Hilton Garden Inn has Amana thermostat in its room. In number of occasion, I had to stay in this hotel and found the inside heating unit makes a loud noise. I generally like a desirable temperature before going to bed. then I do not want the heating unit not to kick on in night , So I set the thermostat to switch off position but it does not work .. many of the rooms of Hilton graden Inn has this problem. I spoke to the Management and they have never fixed the problem.

Since I had to travel Frederick area very often, I had to stay in the hotels surrounding this area. Unfortunately this hotel has really annoying problem with the heating unit and is going on for years.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TripPAMD

I am disappointed to hear that we did not satisfy your expectations during your visit. We strive to provide every guest with a pleasant and relaxing experience. We have shared your comments with the appropriate members of our team the problem has been corrected. I apologize that we did not resolve this matter to your satisfaction while you were here. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we are able to correct the problem.

Patrick Michael-General Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2009

Pros:
- Delicious "Bed & Breakfast" option just $10 extra per room at check-in
- Clean, modern building
- Small but attractive hot tub, pool and fitness center
- HBO (though with barely tolerable blown-out sounding audio on that channel)
- Novel "Garden Sleep System" king mattress: passive control knobs adjust whether air pressure on each side is gradually released by your weight, for a softer or firmer feel

Cons:
- NO HD PROGRAMMING on the LCD TV! Only stretched standard definition until sometime before the end of 2011
- No TV Guide channel or other way to see what will be on next
- Leaky shower head
- Thin walls: we heard people talking late at night and neighbors' squeaky bed
- Flashing lights on smoke detector can keep you up at night
- Location, as an earlier review put it, in the corporate hinterlands

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple