“Decent hotel, comfortable bed and decent breakfast buffet.”

Hilton Garden Inn Frederick
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding. Upon checkin, our room distinctly smelled like strong body odor. I called the front desk who said they'd have another room for me to check out to see if it was any better. They said they'd call back in a minute. 20 minutes later, I called back to see if I could look at another room. Granted, they were very busy. I was shown another room after I walked down to the front desk to meet someone. We switched our rooms, but this should have taken place much faster than it did. And a nice gesture would have been a complimentary breakfast or something for our trouble, especially given that I am 6+ pregnant and moving rooms was kind of a hassle. But alas, no gesture was made.
The room was fine, did the trick. Nice to have a fridge, the bed was comfy and the bathroom clean.
Breakfast buffet ($10 for continental breakfast + omelettes, pancakes, waffles and more) was also pretty good!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
LHowlett33, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We value all feedback as it helps us know how we can improve. I apologize for your experience with changing rooms. You are absolutely correct, this should have been a quicker process regardless how busy we were. You also should have received something for your inconvenience - we encourage our associates to do what it takes to ensure our guests are satisfied, most especially in a situation that caused our guests any inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can make this right. Thank you again for your valuable feedback!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

After a harrowing day on I-95 fighting construction and general traffic around Washington DC, we were ready for a peaceful nights sleep and thats what we got. With two shopping mall areas across the street we had a number of different dining options available to us. The room was comfortable and spacious and the staff was helpful.
Set off in a newish business complex outside of the town proper we had easy access to the highway for the last leg of our trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I can completely understand how harrowing traveling I95 can and how important it is to finally arrive at your hotel and relax. I am glad we were able to provide you with a comfortable stay and hope to see you again in your future travels!

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The lobby and restaurant had little gnats flying every where during eating and just relaxing and reading. It was very annoying. We had to move outside of the restaurant for dessert and drinks. The food in the restaurant was OK to average.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
LHowlett33, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We value all feedback as it helps us know when we did well and where we have room to improve. I apologize for the situation with the gnats - this has since been corrected. These were coming from some live plants we had in the lobby and our contractor who maintains these plants has treated for them. We hope that you will give us another opportunity when you are in our area again. Again, thank you for your feedback - hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was in town for a wedding and this is where the couple reserved a block of rooms. Great location. Minutes from a bunch of restaurants/stores, etc. There is a restaurant and bar in the hotel though in case you don't want to go anywhere. Nice outdoor area. Staff was very accommodating. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable enough. Nice HD TV selection in the room. Only complaint would be that the connecting doors are not that soundproof. So if you get a room with a connector, beware. Otherwise a good stay. Would probably stay here again if I needed to only because of the Hilton brand. Plenty of other hotel options nearby.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
LHowlett33, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

We appreciate the time you took to write a review of your recent stay with us. We value all feedback, as it helps us know where we are doing well and in what areas we can improve. We are glad you had a nice stay and definitely look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel was fine, and the staff were fine. But the gave my brothers room away.
He arrived at the hotel to attended my sons wedding, ( I had made the reservation for him under my name, Mother of the groom), and his room was no longer available.

They provide a room for him at another hotel, but he the missed the shuttle. He arrived late for the wedding thanks to all the confusion at the hotel.

I don't understand how they give away a room that I had checked on that morning, and the check in is at 4 o'clock. Our shuttles were leaving at 4 and 5, so they must of given the room away before check in was available.

If you don't want to worry about your family arriving at your wedding time, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY ANOTHER HOTEL, that doesn't give away rooms that were booked months ahead of time

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the situation with your brother's room. This type of situation is rare, and though It is clearly not an ideal situation, when this happens, we do try to make every accommodation to assist the guest including taking care of his room at another hotel. Again, I am extremely sorry this happened and hope that you will give us an opportunity to gain back your trust in the future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a very nice hotel to stay. I along with my wife don't stay anywhere else when in town. The staff is outstanding taking care of you during your entire stay and the breakfast is the best to start you off on a busy day cooked to order by Chef Robert. I would recommend, if your in the area give the Hilton Garden Inn a try. B Blessed!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and will definitely be sharing your kind words with our associates, most especially Robert. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel is predictable with the traditional expected Hilton Quality, friendly staff, excellent breakfast and clean rooms. I have stayed here on several occasions and it is nice that it is the same every time I return. This time my room smelled a little musty, but I conveyed that to the hotel and I am sure it will be taken care of.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
LHowlett33, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback, Rick and thank you for bringing the musty smell to our attention - you are correct, we jumped on it right away. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel when you are in our area and look forward to seeing you again soon!