“Nice Hilton Garden Inn”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Frederick
Reviewed June 25, 2013

A nice stay on a vacation touring historical sites in Maryland and Virgina. Clean rooms, good breakfast and helpful staff. It was located near a nice shopping area as well. The workout area had good equipment and the pool appeared nice.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

fairmax,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you had the opportunity to take in some of the great history surrounding our property. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stay only at Hilton brand hotels for business and pleasure, as I have been a Hilton Honors member since 2007. This particular Garden Inn smelled so bad...dirty musty at best...hallways and rooms, that I had to leave after one week and book a room at Marriott. There was no availability at any Hiltons in the vicinity. At first I was not sure if the smell was due to humidity in the area, as I am from a non humid area. Turning the AC on seemed to help for a bit, however, the AC could not be kept on all of the time lest I freeze. I was moved to a different room after four days and found the room to smell just as bad...not initially, but after a short period of time. I am not sure if it was the dirty old ripped carpet, or the AC system, but this hotel needs to be shut down and remodeled before accepting more guests. This cannot be good for people's breathing and health, and needs to be reported. My sinuses were plugged and I could not stay in the room for any good length of time. I wanted to scream each time I walked into the room as it smelled so funky. I cannot believe I experienced this at a Hilton brand hotel. Interestingly, when I went to front desk to report initially, the manager was on the phone with another lady staying at the hotel, complaining about the smell in her room. He moved her as well. I did let the front staff know on the way out that I was moving to a different hotel and my reasoning. I walked into the Marriott and immediatly smelled fresh air and normal environment in both halls and room. The stress of this stay makes me question my Hilton allegiance.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heidi W

Heidi W.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. On behalf of the entire team, please accept my most sincere apologies for us providing you with anything less than an exceptional stay experience. We have reached out to you via the email address provided and look forward to resolving your concerns. In doing so, this will help us continue our efforts to provide our guests with the best possible stay experience in Frederick. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to earn back your trust and faith in our property. My direct contact information is listed below. Please feel free to reach out at a time that is convenient as your satisfaction is quite important to me. I look forward to speaking with you.

240-566-1500
chris.guerrero@hilton.com

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 4 adults two rooms. Clean modern hotel very helpful front desk that assisted us with printed directions and printed up our boarding passes. Very clean rooms. No breakfast but a restaurant and bar on the ground floor looked nice. Not too far from down town Fred about a 10min ride.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIFrederick G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

ataglance,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay. I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and our team was able to provide you with a great service experience. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our area during a future stay with us! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Although this hotel has a great location, the room I had smelled awful and had not been serviced well. Plus, they charge for breakfast, which seemed pretty unusual for this type of hotel. I wouldn't stay again... lots of other options in the area!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIFrederick G, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Alan B,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. It is always our goal to provide our guests with warm service, clean and comfortable accommodations, and great value guests have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. It is evident to me that we did not live up to that obligation during your stay and for that alone, I simply cannot apologize enough.

I have enclosed my contact information below and look forward to resolving your concerns to your satisfaction. Please contact me at your convenience as I am committed to making this right. On behalf of all of us here in Frederick, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to earn back your trust and faith in our hotel. I look forward to speaking with you.

240-566-1500
chris.guerrero@hilton.com

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hilton for a wedding in the Frederick area. The hotel was better than expected. The hotel was clean (beautiful lobby area) and well kept. The rooms had everything we needed. We'll definitely stay at this Hilton Garden Inn if we are ever in the Frederick area again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Charles E,

On behalf of the entire team, thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and our team provided you with the level of service you have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property at some point in the future. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

For our wedding on 5/26/2013, we booked a block of rooms at Hilton Garden Inn for our guests. Everyone enjoyed their stays at the Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms were clean, service was excellent, and the bar even stayed open until 1AM for our guests to continue the wedding celebration after the reception ended.

We had arranged for a bus company to transport our guests from the hotel to our wedding venue but one of the buses broke down prior to arriving at the hotel and was unable to transport our guests. I spoke to Tim Matt at the front desk and he was extremely sympathetic and willing to help us in our moment of crisis. On our behalf, he called a couple of other bus companies and cab companies and eventually arranged for a fleet of Yellow Cab of Frederick cabs to arrive at Hilton Garden Inn by 4:30PM in order to transport guests on time to our ceremony at 5:00PM. Tim went above and beyond the call of duty and we are so appreciative of his assistance.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Jeffrey H,

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for sharing some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am relieved that Tim was able to assist in arranging last-minute transportation so your guests did not miss one moment of the celebration. I will be sure to share your comments with Tim and ensure he is recognized for delivering exceptional service to you and your guests. On behalf of the entire team, thanks again for choosing to stay with us. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Frederick at some point in the future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Location is great. It is off of the main thoroughfares but easily accessible to local dining and businesses. The hotel was very clean and staff welcoming upon arrival. While I didn't have time to test the exercise facility, the equipment was modern and well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Timothy O,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be convenient. Hopefully, when your travels bring you back to Frederick, you will have the opportunity to try out our fitness center! Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!